Friday, May 8, 2009

the one about my sweet friend

Since we got home from Wendover, I have had a nasty cold. In Fact, everyone has been asking me if I have swine flu. No, its not swine flu! Just allergies/cold crap. I get it a couple times a year and the sucky part is that because of my heart issues, I cannot take ANYTHING to relieve it. So I usually have to spend a couple of days in bed, then I start feeling better. That is exactly what happened this time. Anyway, they other day, Tara came by to check on me and she brought me the sweetest gift! She brought these cute tulips, a Diet Pepsi and some Oreo cakesters. I hadn't eaten lunch yet that day and it just hit the spot. My tulips are still super beautiful. Thank you Tara for thinking of me.

I am so sad for the Galley's today. Last night I got a call from Tara. She was hysterical. Her 2 youngest kids were down at my house playing. Tara had just walked outside and saw Winston, their cat, in the road. He had been hit. She didn't know what to do. This was their first pet tragedy. I went right down and we made a plan. Brett came down a little bit later and dug a hole so we could bury him. We gathered all of the kids and told them. They were all able to pet him, tell him goodbye, then Brett took care of the rest. It was so sad. We babysat Winnie a few times and we loved him like he was our cat. He was actually Itty Bitty's brother. We got them at the same time. :(

This is Winston and Itty Bitty at Christmas. We were decorating for Christmas and they had climbed clear up Tara's tree and they were wrestling in it. It was so funny. Poor babies.

So again, thank you Tara and I am so sorry for your loss.

2 comments:

Kandice said...

Aww, that is so sad. I HATE losing pets.
She is so sweet to you,and you are lucky to have her so close by. I still think it's weird she is like your aunt...hehe...I am excited to see ya tomorrow...if you are too sick to go to the game, you know I would pick Q up in a heartbeat. ttyl!

Janice {Run Far} said...

That Tara is a sweetie. hope you get to feeling better soon. I have had it for three weeks and I am just barley starting to feel better. Of course running two marathons in that time didn't help me get better any quicker.