Sunday, July 12, 2009

the one about a note to the tooth fairy

Quayd finally lost another tooth yesterday. It was one of his top front teeth. Until yesterday, he had only lost the three three that the dentist pulled in February. This tooth has been really loose for a while now, but he was nervous about having me pull it. Yesterday afternoon, he finally let me have a good pull on it and it came right out. He was freaking out about it though and didn't even realize it was gone until I got him to calm down and I showed him it was in my hand. Of course, then it bled a little bit and he really freaked out about that! But it stopped soon enough and all was well. Then he was so excited about it and couldn't wait to tell everyone. He seriously looks so cute with the missing tooth. When I was trying to get up close and take a good picture I noticed that the permanent tooth is already surfacing, so he won't have a gap for long. He is such a handsome little boy and I can't believe he is growing up so fast. He will be 7 next month!





Last night as Quayd was getting ready to go to bed and put his tooth under his pillow, he got really upset that the tooth fairy was going to take his tooth. He wanted to keep that one because he said it was one of his best apple eating teeth. He decided to write a note for the tooth fairy. This is what it said: Dear Tooth Fairy. Heres a note. I would like to keep my tooth. Love Quayd Lane. He put the note in a bag with his tooth. This morning when he woke up, there was a note from the tooth fairy that said: Dear Quayd, I am so glad you lost another tooth. Your teeth are so nice! You must brush them a lot. I really like your note. I don't mind if kids want to keep their teeth. All you have to do is ask! I had a little bit of extra time tonight so I went back to my house and got the three teeth you lost before. I thought you might like to have them too. Keep being such a good boy! I have a feeling I will be seeing more of your teeth in the future. Brush, Brush, Brush and Wiggle, Wiggle, Wiggle! Love, the tooth fairy There was also some magic tooth fairy dust in the note along with 2 dollars. Quayd noticed later that there was some more sparkly dust around his bed and by the window. He thinks she must have flown in through the window. Pretty cool!!!
signature

6 comments:

Janice {Run Far} said...

I guess Taylor hasn't been asking in the right way, cause the Tooth Fairy took and kept her teeth. I am sure they are safe in her gun safe somewhere. :)

Anonymous said...

way too cute! I can't wait until I can do cute things like that.

Michele and Wyatt said...

You are so good. I am never that creative. Derek really wants to lose a tooth.

Robin Conner said...

LOVE IT!!!! So creative Mandy! I bet Quayd was so extatic to get all his teeth back! That is awesome! Cute pics too! I love the lost tooth pictures!

Wish upon a Starr said...

You are just awesome!! You do realize, everyone who has read this is going to try it now! What a lucky little boy!

Nate said...

It looks like Quayd didn't inherit your love of the nasty, gross, and gruesome.