Tuesday, October 13, 2009

the one about Brett's latest mishap

Poor Brett. Poor poor Brett.

He had a mishap involving his hair the other night, and it is just too good not to share.

His hair grows SO fast! And he hates to have any length. If you know him, you know he likes to have a buzz, and that's it. About a year after we were married, I realized how expensive this was getting, so we invested in some clippers. I had my mom show me how to do it so it looked nice, and I have done it ever since. A lot of times, Brett gets the clippers and does most of it himself, then I go over it, trim his neck and around his ears. I have since started cutting Quayd's hair too. His grows equally fast, but his takes a little more effort. I like his longer on top so I can spike it. I am not the best, but I get better all the time with his. Well, the other night, they both needed haircuts. Brett started his own while I got Quayd ready. Brett had gone over his pretty well, but realized that he had missed a little on top. I was standing right outside of the bathroom door talking to him and he took the clippers to himself. About a mili-second before the clippers made contact, the guard fell off! He took off a huge chuck of hair, right to the scalp! We both just sat there staring at each other with our mouths hanging open. My next thought was to grab the camera! (I am always looking out for you, my faithful readers!) this is the guard in the sink, just after it fell



Of course, it was bad enough that he had to go all over his head with out the guard, leaving him pretty bald. He looks fine, its not a huge difference, but he has sure been cold these last few days! It has actually grown back a little already and he looks handsome as ever. Poor guy. He has the worst luck. He has also been upset lately about his hair because he is getting lots of gray! He is a year and a half younger than me, and has tons of gray. I ask my hairdresser every time she does my hair to look for gray, and none yet!

Poor Brett. :(

signature

3 comments:

galleygrapevine said...

That is funny that you blogged about this because I was telling Gary about it last night. BTW.... Brett looks like the ultimate skin head!

Mama Bear said...

That's pretty funny. I swear that guy has some of the worst luck ever! I feel his pain about the gray, I'm starting to find strands and I'm younger than both of you but then there's Tony that is older than all of us (by quite a bit mind you) and still nothin!

Ramanda said...

Bah ha hahaha ha hahaha ha!!! I know you guys don't mean to be funny but it seems that whatever you do ends up being hilarious!! Thanks for letting me laugh at Brett's expence!