Friday, December 26, 2008

the one about Quayds freaky teeth

The last week or so, I have been noticing something weird going on with Quayd's mouth. He is six, and I know that loose teeth start happening at this point, but I have noticed that his mouth just looks different and he is sorta speaking with a tiny lisp. Probably nobody else would notice it, it is that tiny, but I am with him all the time. His two bottom front teeth are starting to get loose, but not super loose. I remembered when sweet little Taylor started getting loose teeth, everything started to spread to make way for her new teeth. He mouth looked really "gappy" and, not weird, but different. I assumed that is what was going on with Quayder. So a couple of nights ago, I was really examining his mouth. His gums were swollen around the bottom and really tender to the touch. I finally figured out what was going on... His new teeth are pushing through! They are breaking the surface right behind his baby teeth! It is so weird. You can kinda see it in this picture. They are barely starting to peek out, but they are super swollen. That is why he has a little lisp. Of course, there is no dentist available right now, due to the holiday, so I told him he better get wiggling those babies. Our goal is to have them out before he goes back to school, or else.... DENTIST!

3 comments:

Knessa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Knessa said...

The same thing happened to Monro's teeth. He didn't have to wait too long before the baby teeth fell out. He was a grump though, so be prepared!

Glad you had a Merry Christmas. Quayd did totally get spoiled and he deserves every bit of it.

Loves to you all and have a HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Janice {Run Far} said...

that is exactly what happened to Taylor. as soon as I realized she had her grown up teeth there ready to come through, I made her wiggle constantly so that they would fall out quick. If you can get those babies out then the adult teeth should grow into place. Funny that it happened to both of them the same way. What a cute little guy.