Thursday, December 4, 2008

the one about my trip with Tara

So I am home from my big trip to the big city. Tara and I had so much fun. Last night when I got into bed I realized that I was just exhausted. Then I realized that my face hurt and I think it was from the non-stop laughing!!! Tara has many gifts and talents. I will not name them all today, but one of her "special" gifts is her ability to make me laugh CONSTANTLY!!! Oh my gosh, she is such a nut. And she comes up with the most random weird things to say. I find myself really pondering the unbelievable things that come out of her mouth, then I just have to remember.... "its just Tara." Other times I think, "TARA!! Filter!!" She lacks that part of her brain that actually filters things out. It's like a chemical imbalance or something. Sometimes I wonder if we were created from the same mold because we are so much alike in so many ways. One of us can start a thought and the other will finish it. Usually it is funny or obscene. But sometimes it is serious and deep. I have told her more about me than probably anyone. And she has known me for a LONG time! Not many secrets there. And YIKES! I know more about her and Gary than I even wish to think about. I just shuddered thinking about it. Ok, happy place.... happy place. ;) When we are together, we can talk about ANYTHING. We have nicknames for everyone. Some of them are, (and I won't tell who they go with!! Nobody you know, I am sure. Mostly people from work) Big Tuna, Sharon, huffer, Meth, hacker, Bobby, Casper/Pigtails (same person), Rick or Mike or Ken (same person, again), and Snaggle. We have code words. Some of the mean something and others are just strange things we shout. "Balls" and "Trapeze" are our new favorites. Don't ask any questions... Remember, they are code words. Anyway, enough about that... I love this woman and I am so glad she is my friend. Nuff said.

So.... On to our trip. We left Monday before lunch and headed straight for the Park City outlet mall. We bought so much stuff! Of course, most of it was for Christmas, but we did get a couple of things for ourselves. Once it started getting dark and we were getting hungry, we headed for SLC. I needed to go to Michael's for my brother then it was Cafe' Rio time!! YUMMMMMY! My car was getting pretty loaded and we were getting pretty tires, so we headed for our hotel. We stayed at the Airport Holiday Inn West. It was pretty nice. Our training was in the conference center in that Hotel, so that was handy. Tuesday morning was the first day of our class. We learned quite a bit, but a lot of it was stuff that didn't apply to us or to our Hotel. We went shopping again after class. We got a lot more done. Spent a lot more money and had a lot more fun. Went back to the Hotel, slept, and went to class Wednesday morning. On our lunch, I wanted to go to Mrs. Backer's Pastry shop so I could get my mom a nice Birthday cake. They have the yummiest cakes EVER! They also have heavenly eclairs, cookies and anything else you can imagine. It is such a cute little shop! I love going in there.
Then we had to head back to class and finish up. We were out of there by about 3:15. We had one more shopping stop, then we were headed home. I am glad we went, mostly because of all of the shopping I got done, but also because I was able to see some of the ins and outs of our Hotel. It was cool. And we had so much fun. Seriously. My poor car was loaded to the top!!! Its a good thing our last purchase was so small. ;) Good times with Tara. TRAPEZE!!!!!

3 comments:

Kandice said...

I'm glad you had fun!!!
I didn't know you were a Backer's Bakery fan!!! I love love their stuff. We will ttyl...next week

Janice {Run Far} said...

SOunds like you had a good time. I love that Tara. She cracks me up too. I wonder what secret name you two have for me..... =)

Tari said...

When we lived in SLC Randy's Aunt would always buy us a Bakers cake for our birthdays they are heavenly! Gald you had a good time and hope you enjoyed that cake!