Sunday, December 13, 2009

the one about an ice cream cone


Tonight, we had the funniest thing happen. Of course, with Quayd around, every moment is a laugh waiting to happen. I was in a super rauncher mood tonight and I was totally on edge. I don't know why, I was just grouchy. Well when all of this happened, i couldn't help but laugh, then Brett decided to type the whole thing in his words. So here it is. Brett's version......

Quayd has a new favorite treat. It is home style ice cream cones. It seems like every time I turnaround he is asking me to make him one. They are a huge pain in the butt to make because the ice cream is at least negative 20 degrees and its like carving stone. Any way he asked me to make him one tonight and I flat out refused. He whined to Mandy until she gave in and went to make him one. She no more than got into kitchen and I heard her say “If you don't like the way I do it, then go have your DAD make the damn thing for you.” This was followed by her stomping into the living room and sitting down. I couldn't help but laugh. I asked Quayd to come and tell me what happened. His words were ”I was just standing there watching her make my ice cream cone, and she was digging for the ice cream scooper. I told her that is not how Dad makes it, he just uses a spoon.” While he was telling me this story he is looking at me with that confused look that all men get. You know the one when we are thinking "What the hell am I in trouble for now?" So I tell him that he really can’t say stuff like that to his mom. Girls don't like to hear stuff like that. I then told him that when he got married that it is not a good idea to say things like, "Well my mom makes it this way." Then I told him, "I don’t get it Quayd. Girls are just weird. I then I asked Mandy if she was going to go finish making it and she said, "Hell no!" I told Quayd to go say he was sorry. So he says to her “I am sorry mom, I was not judging you or anything like that.” Well what else could she do but go make his ice cream cone? Morals of the story: it is easier to have dad make the cones, and ALL women (even moms) are impossible to understand!!!!!


So that is Brett's version. That was a total father/son "man" moment. We have laughed about it all night. It did put me in a better mood, I must admit. I realize that women are difficult to understand. I don't really get myself sometimes. So how sad that poor Quayd was just trying to help, but actually said something that burns me to the core. I will never forget, as newlyweds, Brett told me that He liked the way his mom made spaghetti better than the way I did. Well, I bet you can guess just how many times I have made spaghetti since that day!!! I still tease him about that!
Photobucket

3 comments:

Chauntue Peterson said...

cute dog btw. gracie ran off it has been about two weeks now. bryce is so sad.

Janice {Run Far} said...

OK... this is the funniest story ever.... so why am I in tears? well let me just tell ya.... cause I freaking miss you and your family so much. There is something so REAl and HILARIOUS about the three of you. I can your honesty helps a ton too. I love you and miss you so much. I am seriously tearing up. Dang.... I hope you all have a happy holidays. <3

Kelli said...

My kids always say to their dad, I dont want you to get me a drink, I want mom to, I just smile. hehe