Sunday, September 27, 2009

the one about our anniversary


Brett and I celebrated our 11th anniversary on 9/19/09. We are kind of boring and never really do anything for our anniversary, so I asked Brett to take me on a date. A real one! We never do that! Infact, a few weeks ago, we had a big long talk and decided that we needed to try harder to have our date nights. I can probably count on one hand how many times we haved gone on a date since we had Quayd. I really wanted Brett to take me to Cafe Rio for dinner. We had our favorite.... Pork barbacoa burrito, enchilada style. It was delicious! We wanted to go to a movie, but seriously, there was NOTHING that we wanted to see. We thought about bowling... but that didn't work out either. So we talked to Brandon and Danette and the four of us decided to go out for karaoke and dancing. While we were waiting for Brandon and Danette to get ready, we started playing this silly game on Quayd's Webkins website It is a word search thing and we get super competitive when we play it.
Brandon and Danette were laughing at us when they walked in and saw us sitting at the kitchen table playing a little kid computer game on our anniversary!!

We never do gifts for each other either, so we decided that we would spoil ourselves a little bit and get Rockband for the Wii. We have been wanting it so bad. I also scheduled Brett a massage for Saturday afternoon and he went shopping for me and got a way cute shirt and sweater. He did a good job!!!!

It was a great anniversary. I can't believe it has been 11 years. I have such a great husband and I love him so much. We have so much fun together and I always laugh at him! He gave me a beautiful son and he is a great dad. He supports me in everything I do and I try my best to support him too. Thank you Brett for 11 wonderful years! Lets say we try for 11 more!!
signature

6 comments:

Emily said...

11 years! Crazy! I remember the begining of "Brett & Mandy"... we were doing the Yearbook float for the Homecoming Parade and you two kept sneaking off.. Wow the time has gone by fast!Here's to another 11 years (or more!).

Lindsay said...

Oh! CUTE! happy anniversary!

Wonderland Girl said...

happy anniversary!

Janice {Run Far} said...

so gald you had a good time. happy belated anniverary.

mine is in 3 weeks... yikes , 12 yrs.

Chauncy said...

Sounds like Rhett and I lol Happy Anniversery. miss ya

Chauntue Peterson said...

sorry that was me on my gmail login i don't know why it says Haegen