Monday, September 7, 2009

the one about my trip to LA

In July, Danette asked me if I would like to go to Market with her to shop for stuff for the Country Bear. HECK YES!!!! Brayden was dying to go and now that he is old enough it was time for him to experience market. Danette talked to me about it on a Friday, and we left the very next Friday. It was short notice and a quick trip, but SO WORTH IT! It was so much fun. I had never been in the downtown LA area before, so I was excited! We flew out of Salt Lake City on Friday evening and got into LA pretty late. We ate at the hotel and went right to bed. We got up early on Saturday, caught the shuttle and a shopping we did go. Here is Brayden being a weird-o at the hotel before we left!! (he he he)

This is Brayden and I on the shuttle. Market was actually in two different locations. We didn't care where we went first, so we just took the first shuttle. We found some pretty cool stuff the first day. Not tons of new things, but a little. We were there for most of the day and by the time we got back to the hotel, we were beat so we ate and went to bed. Sunday morning, we headed for the other location, and it was much better! We found some great new lines and got some awesome ideas for the store. We actually finished up at a decent hour and since we had some time to kill, I suggested we go on a tour or some thing. Danette was a little nervous, being in a new place and a huge city, but I finally talked her into riding public transportation to Hollywood! I was so excited to go!!! I talked to a guy that worked in the visitors center in the convention center and he told us just how to get there and what we should do. We hopped on the subway and away we went! When we got off the subway, we were right in the middle of Hollywood. We were right across from the Disney theater and they were actually having a movie premiere right then. It was for G-Force. That was kind of cool to get to see all of the action surrounding that. Immediately, this pirate chick came up to Brayden, handed him a sword and posed for me. Ok. Whatever. I took a picture of them and she told me, "We work on tips." I just stared at her. Then she said it again and stood there waiting for me to pay her. WHAT?!?!?! I gave her a dollar and she walked away. Apparently that is very common and I noticed that people were paying all kinds of freaks for photos. It was weird. I had to pay her so I could take a picture with MY camera. And Brayden didn't even want a picture with her!!! Look at his face!!! HaHaHa! Anyway, I hope you all enjoy that picture. It cost me a dollar to take it! So strange. I feel like a rebel, but I took this picture of Barney and he has no idea!!! Shhhhh, don't tell him! Anyway, we decided to ride a double decker tour bus and check out Hollywood. It took us all over and we saw tons of cool things. Rodeo Drive
Rodeo Drive, again
Beverly Hills
We didn't tour the stars homes... We didn't have time for that tour too. Anyway, our tour would stop in various places and we could get off the bus and get back on when the next bus came around. We decided to get off at this cool shopping center and farmers market thing. We had a nice lunch, wandered around for a bit, stopped for a photo opp and headed back to the bus.
We shopped around downtown Hollywood for souvineers, saw some fake celebs, a prostitute and hopped back on the subway. I tried with all of my might to take a picture of the Hollywood sign, but I never could get a good one.
However, I got a lot of pictures of this dude's head while trying to get a picture of the Hollywood sign. That counts, right? That evening, Brayden and I swam at the hotel and then we played cards for awhile. We went to bed early since we had to leave for the airport early Monday morning. Then we flew to Salt Lake City. I split up from Danette and Brayden at this point because Brett needed me to pick up his new car. I met up with my Uncles Kim and Jayme. They took me to the car lot and made sure I got the car all squared away, then we all left and I drove home. I was home before 8:00. It was a crazy fast trip, but so much fun. I am so glad I have such a cool boss that let me go along for the trip! Brayden and I get really silly sometimes and I know we drove Danette nuts, so I sure hope I get another invite!!!
signature

No comments: