Monday, August 31, 2009

the one about Quayd's 7th Birthday

Seriously... where does the time go? My tiny baby boy turned 7 yesterday. Yes. I said SEVEN!!! It is so crazy how quickly he is growing up. I know that everyone says that, but it is true. He started 2nd grade last week. So weird.
(This was on the first day of school. Brennen, Amelia and Quayd were just heading for the bus and they so DIDN'T want to stop for pictures!) Anyway, we have seriously partied all weekend! It started Friday afternoon. Quayd's friend party was from 5-7 at our house. He invited about 22 kids, and I think 19 showed up! His invitations said: Come "CHILL" with me at my Birthday Party! I hope you can "POP" on over! They were attached to a popsicle and we delivered them in the ice cream truck. We rented a big slide and a bounce house and the kids just played and played the whole time!



They loved it! We also had hotdogs, chips, pink lemonade, cupcakes and popsicles. I was going to have them play games if they got bored with the slide, but they never really did. It was a pretty big party! But it was so easy for me! I didn't have to do anything, really. Just the food part. They totally entertained themselves. It was great!





On Sunday, we had Quayd's family party. Danette let us use the pool area and it was so nice! Quayd wanted Tacos for dinner, so I assigned things out and it worked perfectly! We had my Grandparents, my mom, my brother and his family, Morgan, Gleneita and all of Brett's siblings and their families. Talia's new boyfriend, Tyson, has a little boy, Wyatt, and he was so cute! We had so much fun with him! His dad doesn't like him to get sticky or dirty, so when we gave Wyatt his own cupcake, I thought Tyson was going to have a stroke!
It was so cute and funny! We had a blast swimming. The weather was perfect and the company was even better.



He got some very cool gifts, including a $100 dollar bill and a razor scooter that makes sparks. Danette kept asking him what he wanted and he would say, "I don't know." So she kept telling him that if he didn't tell her, she was going to give him pink panties. Well, guess what!?!? He got pink panties!


Brett and I gave him this cool bike that he wanted. It is a big tricycle with a basket thing in the back so he can haul stuff. He is such a little boy! We also gave him a cell phone, jerky and a new backpack.

Brett, Brennen and Quayd got the rabbits out of the pen yesterday and took them for a ride in the new bike!

I always like to take a little bit of time on his Birthday to reflect on the past and remind myself how blessed I am to have him. It has been a tradition that on his Birthday, Brett or myself (sometimes both of us) write him a letter and put it away so he can read it when he gets older. Sadly, the last two years, Quayd's birthday has been overshadowed by funerals (Brett's dad, Mike, in 2007 and my Great-Grandma in 2008) and I think we have overlooked the letter writing. I wanted to be sure he got his letter this year, so here it is.

8/30/09
Dear Quayd,
Today, you turned seven years old. Why do you have to get so big!?!? You are such a handsome little boy and you have gotten so big and tall. You are in second grade now and I just can't believe it! It seems like just yesterday that you were still in my belly and Daddy and I were so excited to FINALLY be parents. It's funny to think back at that time in my life. I was so curious about you. I wanted to meet you so badly and I couldn't wait to see what your little personality would be like and what you would look like. Now I can't imagine what it was like not having you in my life. I feel like I have known you forever! You complete our little family. Daddy and I were always happy before you came to us, but now I realize that we weren't really that happy afterall. We were definatley missing something... and it was you! Thank you for being you and picking us to be your parents. I know we make mistakes and we are pretty stupid sometimes, but I guarantee that no little boy will ever be loved as much as you. EVER! We would do anything for you. You are our whole lives! You are such a perfect mix of Daddy and I. You have a little bit of a temper, like daddy, and you are very tender and emotional like me. You are built like your daddy with your broad shoulders, cute bum and skinny legs. But you have a round face and big brown eyes like me. You like to stay up late and sleep in, just like me, however, when you decide you want to go to bed, you don't want to be disturbed, like dad. Both Daddy and I love to swim, camp, laugh and have fun. Just like you.
As a seven-year-old, you love to ride bikes and scooters. You wear flip flops EVERYWHERE. You would rather wear pajamas or "comfy clothes" than anything else. You are a FISH in the water and you have become a GREAT swimmer. You like to eat pizza, tacos, cheesecake, ice cream, Cool Ranch Doritos, jerky, any kind of candy, peanuts and tomatoes. Your best friends are Brayden and Brennen, Amelia, Shade, and Gavin. You love soccer and you have gotten be a great player. You also enjoyed T-Ball and you will be starting flag football this fall. You have lost 5 teeth so far. Four in the front and one molar that had to be pulled. By the way, you HATE the dentist.
I hope you always feel like you can come to me with anything. I will love you, no matter what. You are such a special little boy. You are kind and sweet and you are always concerned about everybody elses feelings. I love it that you still like to hug, kiss and snuggle with your old mommy. I love our Sunday afternoon "snuggle fest." That is probably mine and dads favorite time of the week! Thank you for being you. I am so proud of you. Thank you for being my baby and for putting up with me. I know I am kind of a weird mom, but I swear I love you more than any mom has ever loved their child. There has never been a more special boy than you and I am so glad you are mine! Happy 7th Birthday, my little sugar bear!
Love, Mom

signature

3 comments:

Kandice said...

Aww, that was so sweet. I loved it. Thanks again for letting my kids come to his party. they loved it.

Cara said...

SO you just made me cry with your letter! You are such a good mom and I am so glad you are my friend. Love your guts!

Janice {Run Far} said...

you are for sure the best mom ever. I love that you write him a letter every year. Thanks for letting Morgie go to his party and for keeping her half that day. Love you mean it.