Tuesday, August 4, 2009

the one about my new kitchen table


I got a super cute new kitchen table a few months ago and I just realized that I haven't even shown it off yet!!! I also redecorated a little bit in my kitchen. I have been wanting to totally make over the entire room, but we have been super poor lately, so I just changed some decorations and spent about $100 to fix it up a bit. Nothing to drastic, but it made me feel better!
The table has actually been a huge source of contention! Sorta.... let me explain. First of all, it was totally free. My mom traded tables with a friend or some weird thing, but then she decided she didn't like it. It was pretty new when she got it. The friend was moving or something, I don't know. Anyway she only had it a couple of months then she got a new one and asked if I wanted this one. HECK YES!!!! Its SO cute! So the whole contention thing is really not even a big deal, but Brett has given me NON-STOP crap about it. The table we had, has 6 chairs and leaves. It opens up huge. It is solid wood and super nice. Very outdated, but nice! I didn't want to get rid of it or anything, just store it downstairs. Brett had a total fit about it. This table only seats 4 and in his opinion, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." My attitude is, "Free, trendy, cute table that fits PERFECT in my dining nook! Change is good, GO WITH IT!" We are a family of 3! Table for $ is just fine!!! Chances are good that I will be sick of it and I will want to change again anyway. Brett isn't like really MAD, but he has given me such a hard time about it. Oh well, I love it!

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.