Monday, June 1, 2009

the one about the worst blogger EVER!

I am so sorry that I have been such a terrible blogger lately. I have plenty to blog about, just no time to do it. I am hoping that things will settle down a bit now that school is out. May is always a busy month at school because of testing, programs and field trips. We have had all of those things! I was able to go with Quayd on his field trip this year. We went to a green house and learned about different types of plants. Then we went to the Sheriff's department, took a tour of the jail, the 911 call center and got to see the K-9 cop search for drugs. It was really cool and super interesting. We went to the park after wards and had lunch. This is Rylan, Shade and Quayd waiting to see the K-9 Cop. Quayd's class had two programs this year. One was a "Celebration of the Arts." They sang a little, danced a little and had some of their art work for sale. The other was their class program that showed off some of the things they have learned this year.

We were so lucky this year for Quayd to get such an amazing teacher! Mrs. Green is everything you could ask for in a teacher. She is so cute with the kids and they all just adore her. Quayd learned so much this year and he spent thie entire year at the top of his class. His test scores were all above what they needed to be and he is reading chapter books. It was a great year. We only wish he could have Mrs. Green throughout all of Elementary School. I have been making these fun things at my Brother's store (I'll get to that later) and I couldn't resist making this for Mrs. Green. I thought it turned out so cute, so I had to post it.
School is not the only thing keeping me busy. After I quit the hotel, my Brother and Danette asked me to help them out a little in their store. One of their girls had quit and they weren't sure what they were going to do to replace her. I filled in for a few shifts and they decided they wanted me to stay. I was super excited! I started working in April for two days a week. I have totally loved it! It has been so good for me to tune back into my creative side. I have made so many fun things, changed displays and made posters for the store. It is a nice little get away for me. I have so much fun there!!! Quayd can go with me if he wants and when he goes, he doesn't mind it. Its very flexible and the other girl that works is awesome! We trade days when we need to and she is cool about it. Here are a few things I have made.
Other things keeping me busy.... I am officially a FaceBook addict so I spend way too much time there. I was getting really bad about playing FarmTown on FaceBook, but it was getting ridiculous, so I quit that. And I have been reading and listening to a lot of good books on tape.
Lately though, my books have become a type of sedative for me. As soon as I start reading or listening, I get REALLY Sleepy and fall asleep. Oh well. One way or another, I enjoy it!!!

Ok, now... this is probably the biggest thing keeping me busy. We have had a pretty big change here in our house and living situation. If you read my blog at all, you know about my buddy Spencer. I met him at the hotel and we have been good friends for awhile now. I don't know a whole lot of details, except that he has a.... well..... "colorful" past. He got into some trouble, but he is trying to work through it. He has been living with his sister, but she and her husband and 2 little boys have been moving and having all kinds of stress and drama in their lives! They are moving to one place for 8 weeks until their house is ready, then they will be moving again. (Poor girl!) Anyway, that and some other circumstances kind of left Spencer in a bind; as far as his living situation was concerned. We have an extra room and we were just in a position to take him in, so we did. It has worked out PERFECTLY! He is such a good kid and I just love him to death. He just needed a fresh start and it just kind of fell into place. I don't really care much about the past, we are just trying to focus on the future. It has been a delight having him here! Quayd ADORES him and calls him his step-brother. Spence is helping coach Quayd's T-Ball team (thank goodness! Brett and GJ need all the help they can get!) I wish I had a better picture, but this is all I have. I love to take care of people, so I cook him grilled cheese sandwiches at all hours of the day and night. I fixed up his room nice and I wash his clothes. I have always said that he is my boyfriend, so this is the perfect situation... My husband upstairs and my boyfriend downstairs! My cute little Spencie! We don't know for sure how long he will be here so we are just taking it one day at a time. We all just love him and he is doing so well, so hopefully it will continue to work for a long time!

Anyway, thank you for not giving up on me. I am sorry I have been a naughty blogger, but I will try to be better. Now that I have two children, it might be tough! But I will try my best! :)
signature

3 comments:

Janice {Run Far} said...

awww... we missed Mrs green this year and those letters with her last name is so cute.... I love.

ok... a couple of the running blogs I read have an atommatic signature this too... .how do you do that? I want one. maybe you can show me when i am out there in two weeks.

Kandice said...

You have been one busy girl! I am sad we missed the game last night. I hope it went o.k.
I am very proud of you for taking Spencer in. I bet the role you play in his life is more important than you will ever know.
When Gav gets better and things slowdown, we will get together. TTYL!

p.s., way cute letters. I wish i had more space for them.
p.s.s., my bumble bee just happened to fall off of my summer letters and get lost...don't happen to have any replacements??

Hope said...

Thanks, Mandy! He needs (deserves) good friends like you! xoxo