Monday, November 30, 2009

the one about Finn

So, we took the plunge. We are now the proud owners of a puppy. We were so NOT in the market for a puppy, but suddenly one kina fell into our laps. Here's the story.

Last Wednesday was the first day of the Thanksgiving break. There was no school and I had to work, so Quayd just came with me. There is a massage place next door to our shop. The lady that runs the massage place, Lisa, called me that morning and asked if her mom could bring some puppies down to sell. Lisa's mom was in town for the holiday and she had some puppies to get rid of. I told her it was fine. Once she came to the store I got the whole story on the puppies. Its actually kinda funny. Lisa's mom has a full blood shitzu male and female and a full blood poodle. Well, the male got a hold of both females and they both had puppies within a week of each other. (scandalous!) So they had 9 adorable puppies to sell. By the time she came to Vernal, there were only 5 left. She brought the kennel into the store, and of course, we had to look. Well the weirdest thing happened... one puppy just fell in love with Quayd. Whenever Quayd would walk into the room where the puppies were, the puppy just got so excited to see him. Quayd would open the door to the kennel and the pup would run right to him. Puppy would hear his voice and start to whine. You get the idea. So anyway, Brett came down to the store on his lunch and Quayd couldn't wait to show him the babies. Brett walked into the room with him and saw that puppy get so excited and it melted his heart. Really, I had NO INTENTIONS of getting a dog. Dogs are hard and a lot of work! However, I am a sucker and as soon as Brett asked me if I thought we should get one I was all for it!But I wanted Brett to make the call because I knew if he wasn't on board, it was a no-go. I didn't want him to be mad at me when the puppy did naughty stuff. So, Brett and Quayd talked about it and made the decision. They brought him home and the rest is history! We discussed several names, but I came up with the winner. His name is Finn. I love the show Glee and I totally love the character Finn, so there you go.

Because of the busy shopping weekend, I worked nearly every day. Brett and Quayd were in charge of Finn and they did a great job. He is seriously such a good dog! He is super smart and is catching on to the potty training thing very well. He has eaten his own poop a couple of times and it has totally grossed us all out, so hopefully that is just a puppy thing and he well grow out of it. He goes to work with me when I work and he is just the best little baby! Everyone loves him because he is so sweet, cuddly and adorable.

This will probably sound so stupid, but just the way it all happened, I really think Finn was meant to be in our little family. We needed him! It has been so good for all of us and we are just crazy about him. Quayd gets so loanly sometimes and it just breaks my heart. But now he has Finn who just adores Quayd and is willing to whatever Quayd wants him to do. Quayd drives cars on him, blasts him off like a rocket, and Finny watches him play the Wii. They are best buds and I am so glad we got him. He wasn't cheep, but worth every penny. I keep telling Brett that instead of Quayd picking the best puppy, the puppy picked the best little boy. I guess they kinda picked each other. Whatever you call it, I am so glad they found each other. Our little family needed little Finn and we didn't even know it!




Photobucket

5 comments:

Janice {Run Far} said...

OMGosh... he is way cuter then Maggie. What a cute story. I love how you say.... the puppy picked the best little boy. I would have to agree. Miss you.

Hope said...

I want a dog so bad! But our house isn't really conducive to one. Tell me, does he shed?

He is sooo cute! Like the kind of dog you'd snuggle up to. Have fun! And make sure Finn has his own stocking! Growing up our pets always had their own stockings because Santa loves animals! :)

Nate said...

So what do you call a Shitzu and a Poodle mix? I don't think you have any choice but "Shitpoo". Sorry, now you're stuck with it.

Mama Bear said...

He is so cute! We are kind of on the other end of the deal right now. It looks like we may have to get rid of our dogs in the near future so I'm already trying to distance myself from them so it is easier. I'm so glad Finn and Quayd found each other.

Denece said...

What a cute puppy. Good luck with him. Ho[e you all have a Merry Christmas