Friday, November 13, 2009

the one about the H1N1 shot

Because of my heart problems, my Cardiologist likes me to get the flu shot every year. Once the "swine flu" became the big deal, I needed to get the H1N1 shot too. It has been a joke trying to find a Doctor or clinic who had it! I always seemed to call right after the last shot was given. Go Figure. Well, today, Brett had to call our family Doctor for a refill on a prescription and he happened to ask if they had any of the vaccine. They DID!!! So they told him to send me right down. I went, and I got it. Shots don't bother me one bit. I kind of like them. FYI this one was extremely mild. However, the soreness and swelling are already setting in. I haven't done a ton of research on this vaccine, and I know it is kind of controversial. But considering my weakened immune system and my already existing heart problems, I am high risk for the flu. So really it was a no-brainer for me. I feel safer already!
Photobucket

4 comments:

Kandice said...

My goodness! You have been on a blogging Spree!
I am glad you got the shot! I want to get my kids it. Since they have been hospitalized with the regular flu...they said they would be on the priority list for this shot, but I haven't found the time to do it yet, but I will soon!
Sorry your arm is sore...put a heat pack on it!

Josh and Kristen said...

Good for you. I am glad you, or Brett i guess, was able to ask about it at just the right time. And, i am cracking up that you said you kind of like getting shots!

Michele and Wyatt said...

I got that shot and thought it was more mild than the regular flu shot. My am wasn't even sore. Now I just need to get my kids in.

NaturalSelection said...

You brainwashed fools.

Do some research, will you?

You obviously haven't got a clue about this H1N1 vaccination.

Stop watching the tell-lie-vision.