Tuesday, March 29, 2011

the one about bragging

So I feel kind of weird talking about this because I don't mean to brag. But I am kind of excited to share it. So here goes.

A couple of weeks ago, I went to St. George for 4H Leadermete. It is a conference for 4H volunteers and leaders to learn about new projects and ideas for our 4H programs. We get tons of great information and we usually come back all pumped up and ready to rock our 4H program. It is mostly just a bunch of women that go and we spend lots of time bonding (aka: shopping, eating, laughing, being silly). Oh, and its super fun!! I had been contacted about a month before to see if I would be attending the conference because I had been selected to receive an award. That was all they said to me. I had no idea what the award was for or anything. Fast forward to the night of the banquet... I received the 4H Volunteer of the Year Award! It was super cool, and a huge honor! Brett felt terrible that he couldn't be there the night of the banquet (it just wasn't practical for him to drive to St. George for one evening.) So I had Tara take pictures for me to bring back and share.

This is my award



This is what my bio said

Uintah-Mandy Lane has been involved with the Uintah County 4-H program for four years. Her project areas are Arts & Crafts, Drawing, Painting, & Sculpturing, Photography, Clothing and Textiles, Clothing Construction, Rabbits, Science, and Flower Gardens. Mandy serves on our Adult Advisory Council and is an Advisor to our county Teen council. She frequently does Friday day camps for the Uintah County Extension office. She is involved in the County Fair, and will presenting at Leadermete this year. Wherever Mandy goes, there is laughter and fun! Mandy helps our youth and leaders develop and expand their creativity. Mandy thinks outside the box, and we don’t even know if she knows there is a box. We so appreciate all she has done and is doing for the youth of Uintah County.

Isn't that so nice?!?! I LOVE 4H and I am so glad to be involved with such an amazing program. And to be recognized for my service on a State level?!?! Incredible!!


Photobucket

No comments: