Monday, March 21, 2011

the one about getting back into blogging

Truly, blogging os one of my favorite things ever. But sadly, I have gotten out of the habit. I have noticed that several of my bloggy friends have been doing a 30 day challenge. I thought it might be a good way to get back into it and help it become a habit again. However, I am afraid that committing to blog every day will probably overwhelm me. My cute friend Lindsay kinda said the same thing, so she inspired and reminded me that I can do whatever I want. It is my blog afterall! So I am just gonna modify the challenge a bit and hopefully it will work for all of us! I will occasionally post "Wordless Wednesdays" too. Sometimes, I just see something that kind of takes my breath away. Sometimes funny, sometimes tender and sometimes gross. So when I am feeling speechless (which isn't very often!) you will see it on Wednesdays! I also want to start "Mandy's pick of the week!" I have tons of stuff that I love and adore so I want to feature those things on my blog. I love my blog so much and even more, I love the people who follow it! So I am working on being a better blogger. I promise!

Today I am going to start with the first of my 30 post challenge.

Recent Picture of You and 15 Interesting Facts
I actually have a very recent picture of myself! I took this picture of myself on Friday evening in the back seat of a convertible mustang in St. George, Utah.
Interesting Fact #1: I love people. Really, I do. I believe that overall, people are good. People have good intentions and just want good things for themselves and their loved ones. Yes, I agree, there are some exceptions. But for the most part, everyone has good in their hearts and I love finding that. I believe that everyone has a story and I love to be able to hear it. I try to be kind to everyone. I am not always the best at this and I am certainly not perfect, but I know a little kindness goes a LONG way!

Interesting Fact #2: I love food! I love trying new things and experimenting with different tastes, textures and cultures. Not only do I love to eat it, but I also love to cook food. I consider myself a pretty good cook. I learned to cook from two of the best cooks I know.... My mom and my Great-Grandma Karren. Usually, I prefer my own cooking over a restaraunt. I live with two VERY picky eaters, so I try not to get to adventurous in the kitchen. When we go out, I LOVE to try different things. Almost everything I order at a restaraunt is seafood. Brett and Quayd hate seafood so I never get to have it at home.

Interesting Fact #3: I am left-handed. And I mean TOTALLY left-handed. I cannot do anything with my right hand. I use my hands for EVERYTHING so I get nervous thinking about what would happen to me if I broke or injured my left hand. It would be a sad day. I love my hands!!

Interesting Fact #4: I have such a soft spot in my heart for animals. Every kind! However, I am not a big fan of reptiles, bugs or birds.

Interesting Fact #5: I don't really care one bit about college sports. I know that is horrible to say and I will probably get hate mail over it, especially since March Madness is going on right now, but seriously. I just don't give a crap.

Interesting Fact #6: I really want to learn how to knit. My cousin Brooke knits all kinds of cool things and I think it is AWESOME!

Interesting Fact #7: I am SO happy to be involved with 4H. It is something that I just love! I am a teen council advisor and working with those kids is awesome. I also work with younger kids and I get to teach them skills that they can use forever. I was introduced to 4H a few years ago and it happened at a time that I really needed to feel involved somewhere. I seemed to be kind of loanly and "empty" right then. Feeling needed and accepted was HUGE for me. Life-changing, actually. I am so grateful for the people I have met and the skills I have aquired.

Interesting Fact #8: I love iced tea. Like, OBSESSIVLY love it. I rarely drink soda anymore. I just love iced tea (and water.) Incase you ever want to bring me an iced tea, I DO NOT LIKE IT SWEETENED!!! Just regular. Yummmy. :)

Interesting Fact #9: I play the mandolin. I learned when I was young, but haven't played for years. I have recently started playing again since Quayd has been taking banjo lessons and it is so much fun. I go over to my grandpa's and we just pick out tunes together.

Interesting Fact #10: I love having my hair played with.

Interesting Fact #11: I am creative. I don't mean to sound boastful, but I am. And I am proud of it! I love being able to create things. It's really pretty cool! I like to sew, scrapbook, paint and all kinds of other crafty things.

Interesting Fact #12: I HATE mornings. I hate everything about them. My alarm clock makes me SO mad every morning. Ugh. NOT A MORNING PERSON!

Interesting Fact #13: I love to travel!!! However, I hate driving to my destination. I get car sick, bored and so uncomfortable. I can't read or do anything in the car. I can only look at the road. :( Driving home from St. George this weekend nearly killed me. We finally put in a movie and I watched the whole thing while fighting back nausea.

Interesting Fact #14: I had 5 wisdom teeth! Two were on the top left side of my mouth. Weird. And kinda gross.

Interesting Fact #15: I am a total girlie-girl. I like to be pampered. I like dressing up for different occasions. I love make-up, purses, jewelry and things that smell nice. I love fashion and experimenting with different looks and styles. I like trying new things with my hair. Infact, right now, I have feather extensions! They are kind of different and weird, but I like them! (these are not mine, by the way)

Ok, so there it is. The first post of my challenge. It was kind of fun! Stay tuned for more posts!! :)

Photobucket

2 comments:

Janice {Run Far} said...

YAY!!!!

The 30 day challenge over whelmed me too... I just sat down one afternoon and typed up as many as possible and post dated them to publish. There are a few I have to go back to and change as I think more about the question.... It's been fun though. I am very much looking forward to your posts. Miss you!

Security question: sockwo
lol

Kandice said...

Welcome back to blogging!
You are a great writer/blogger, so keep it up.
And I am pretty proud that I knew most of your 15 things already!
Love ya!