Wednesday, April 15, 2009

the one about chapter books

Quayd is turning into quite the little reader. He is in the top reading group in his class and I swear, wherever we go, he reads every word he sees. If we are in the store, he reads packages. On TV, he reads advertisements, the satellite guide and subtitles. And driving in the car he reads roads signs. You get the idea. Brett and I both LOVE to read and I hope that it rubs off on Quayd. For once, we actually might be a good influence on him!!!

We asked his teacher to send some chapter books home with him so he can read them along with his other little first grade books. He LOVES them! We make him read so we can hear him, but Sometimes I catch him reading to himself. I LOVE IT!!!

The other day, he wanted to build a hotel for cats so he could put Orange inside. He got every pillow and blanket and built a great hotel. Good old Orange climbed right in. Quayd got in too and decided to read to him. It was so cute! It was sorta hard to get pictures, but if you look closely, you will see Orange in there, just happy as can be!

1 comment:

Janice {Run Far} said...

Love it that he loves to read. Just like his mommy and daddy.

Today I saw a news thing on ET about a Jodi Picoult book being made as a movie. My sisters keeper, or something like that. The mom is played by Cameron Diaz and the daughter with Cancer is from Medium, which I love. Anyways, i am going to get that book this week and read it before it comes out in June.