Thursday, April 2, 2009

the one about floating waffles

My sweet little Quayd is so dang funny! He is so much like his dad in so many ways. One example is food habits. Most of the time, it drives me nuts because they are both so picky! But also, when they find a food they like, they don't like to wander far from it. I am all about variety ao I love to switch things up a lot, but not these two. Quayd's latest food obsession is Eggo Waffles. He is very particular about how he eats them though. I have to toast it, butter it, then cut off the outside edge. I cut it into bite sized pieces and put syrup on it. With every fiber of my being, I hate maple syrup. I hate the taste of it and I despise the smell of it. So when Quayd has waffles, I make him bathe afterward so I don't have to smell it all day. Maple is one of those smells that never goes away.

Adult ADd moment! I am going to stray for the subject for a minute here... Before we had Quayd, we used to sit by this family at Church. In Sacrament meeting, their kids always had this cereal that smelled like maple syrup. I had one of their kids in the nursery when I was the Nursery leader and even hours after they ate that cereal, I could smell it on them. From that day on, I decided that I would never let my kids smell like maple syrup.

Anyway, getting Quayd up in the morning is usually a total joke! He is so mean! So cramming in waffles, bath and everything else was getting dificult. One morning, I put Quayd in the tub and fixed his waffle. I put the waffle on a small plate and let him eat it in the tub. (The things we do for our kids!) Well, then he decided that was a great idea, so now we have to do that every morning. I kept thinking I needed to take a picture of him. Well, today was the day. As I was walking out of the bathroom to put the camera away, I heard, "OH NO!!" I went back in the bathroom and found this.

8 comments:

Hope said...

Maybe you should start a B&B business. You know...Bath & Breakfast???

Unknown said...

That is so funny! We too have the Eggo craze at our house!

Kandice said...

hehe..I love that kid! So who's gonna clean up the waffles? me or you??? you need me tuesday!?!? lol

Leisa said...

Oh that was funny!

Some day Quayd is going to get even with you for posting a bath tub picture of him!!

Slaugh Family said...

OMG I totslly love reading your blog, and I am so glad I saw you and Brett at the store the other day. And did Brett eat all that CANDY yet. Tell him he needs to share with me, hey and you need to call me I have a few questions for you, important ones too.

Michele and Wyatt said...

I've heard of breakfast in bed, but never of breakfast in bath. What a great idea.

The Galley's said...

Speaking of picky eaters. Evan the other day threw up because we made him take a bite of pizza. His diet consists of hot dogs, dino nuggets and Frosted Flakes and don't expect him to eat or try anything else.

Mama Bear said...

You are such a nice mommy. Quayd is lucky to have you, and lets face it...who else could put up with Brett's pickiness? I'm just glad I'm not the only one that can't STAND maple syrup!