Thursday, April 16, 2009

the one about the loss of a dear friend

I have this amazing friend. She has been my constant companion for 6 1/2 years. She doesn't judge me, she doesn't care if I am in a good mood or bad, she doesn't care if I don't smell my best and she never complains about what I watch on tv. My size never matters to her. She likes to read with me, play on the computer with me and listen to any kind of music I like. I am so terribly sad to report that my time with her has come to an end.

This is her.

She is stained, tattered, torn and beat to crap, but she is truly my favorite article of clothing I have ever owned. My mom got it for me when I was pregnant with Quayd. She wanted me to be able to wear it in the hospital and not worry about my butt hanging out and stuff. It is totally ugly and way over sized, but that is what made it so comfy. I probably washed it a million times and it just got softer and softer. I washed it yesterday and hung it in my closet. This evening I wanted to put it on, and the zipper was GONE! It has been loose for a while now and I knew it was going to happen sooner or later. Tonight was the night. When I realized what happened, I was in shock. Seriously. I love this robe! If you have ever come to my house, chances are, you have seen me wearing this. I have always admitted how hideous it is.... but truly, you can't find comfort like this little beauty! Here are a few pictures of her blemishes. Remember, I just washed it! These spots were permanent. Like little love tattoos for me! :)

Look at that lovely embroidery.

And here is her final resting place. RIP my beautiful blue best friend.

5 comments:

galleygrapevine said...

I think you should have made a blanket or something out of it. Kind of what you have had to do with bear blank for Quayd. I can't believe that you just threw her out like that, am I next? :)

Kandice said...

Lol....I have one EXACTLY like that. I think we need to head to Wal mart to replace her.

Unknown said...

I am so sorry for your loss but know that the heart will heal with time?!

Janice {Run Far} said...

I had the same thought as Tara... I was wondering what you had made out of her. Sorry for your loss. I know it will be hard to ever fill that void in your life, but I am sure you can find something that will help a little.

Cara said...

I agree that you should have made it a part of a quilt or a background page in your scrapbook! Anyways, this robe wil lbe sorely missed by all!