Sunday, April 12, 2009

the one about coloring eggs

What would Easter be without coloring eggs? Well, it just wouldn't be Easter. On Friday night, Brayden had been hanging out with us. He stayed and had dinner then we decided to color eggs. Brett did the ones that have the sleeve thing that you put over the egg and dip it in boiling water. That is about the extent of his Easter cheer, but the boys and I had a BLAST! I always just buy the cheap, old fashioned PAZ egg dye. We don't get the fancy schmancy stuff. This year, they had added new colors, and they were awesome! They were so bright and fun! Our kit also had the clear crayon, which is always cool for custom designs! (I sound like a salesman for PAZ Easter egg dye!)
Before:
After:
Some of our favorites said, "Mom + Dad," "Brayd-O is AWESOME," "Quayd is #1," and, sweet little Brayden made this one just for me... "Coolest Aunt Mandy." Sweet huh. I love that kid. He just turned 13 and he still likes to hang out with me. He got a cell phone for his Birthday and he sends me text messages. Love it! He is such a great kid and so sweet to Quayd. He was our buddy this weekend. Anyway,we had a blast coloring our eggs. The boys were both so creative and we just had so much fun. Here are a few more pictures of the evening. Quayd couldn't stand it. He wanted to smash the eggs so badly. He was banging these two together and he acted surprised when they cracked. What a nut!!



2 comments:

Kristi said...

What would Easter be without dying Easter eggs? I love that you and your nephew have such a good relationship, I bet he loves that, and I bet Quayd loves it even more!
Happy Easter!

Chauntue Peterson said...

Did Quayd tell you I saw him at the easter bunny in jensen..... where were you at you missed out you could have sat on the bunnys lap lol fun times.