Monday, April 6, 2009

the one about my first day of unemployment

First of all, THANK YOU to all of you who have left me such wonderful comments and words of encouragement. Except for yours, Chad! ;) Just kidding, it was awesome too!

I am so grateful for all of my fantastic friends who support me and don't think I am a creepy harasser. I actually am a little bit of a harasser, but only to those that I love. Never to the super prev-o freak of the universe. ANYWAY...... Thanks again for standing behind me.

My first day in the wonderful world of unemployment consisted of many crazy things. I would like to share them with you.

I started a contest with Tara to see who could go the longest without showering before their husband finally comments.

I waxed, plucked and tweezed my eyebrows for 2 hours. They are perfect, symmetrical, swollen and bright red.

Watched the Sex and the City movie twice and Juno once.

Dodged the J.W.'s

Started another contest with Tara to see who could go back to sleep after the kids were gone and sleep the longest.

Compared laundry piles with Tara to see whose was the biggest. (She won only because she has more kids than me!)

Watched my stories.

Began another contest with Tara where we both ate an entire can of corn for breakfast and we will see who SPOTS it first, if you know what I mean.

Be-Dazzled some stuff.

Put my Holiday Inn name tag in the garbage disposal.

Called a plumber.

Started singing "Total Eclipse of the Heart" to Tara. She told me, "Don't quit your day job." Then we paused, looked at each other and began to laugh.... BECAUSE WE DID QUIT OUR DAY JOBS!!

Made up this crazy list of things, most of them being false, and blogged it.

I think I am actually going to enjoy not working. Tara and I have big plans of all of the things we want to do. Kandice and I are ready to hang out again. In fact, we have a "date" Tuesday. She has a Doctors appointment in Roosevelt and I am going with her. We are going to have lunch and go to Alco! Yeah!! I ran into Leisa at Wal-Mart today and I was telling her that since Quayd went to Kindergarten, I have been working. Besides occasional days off, I haven't really been home all day while he has been at school. I have been so afraid that I would freak out while he was gone. I think I underestimate myself. I am a very busy person and I have so many things I love to do. I never really get bored. I think I will be just fine. I don't want to work anymore. Not for awhile, anyway. I am excited to get back into my card making, scrapbooking and digital scrapbooking. I have a pile of books I want to read and I need to get back in the habit of working out. I have several home improvement projects I need to start on, and 2 unfinished quilts. I am so excited for all of the free time, that won't really be free time since I already see my schedule filling up. Thank you again everyone for your kind words and encouragement. I love you all!

7 comments:

The Ericksen Family said...

Well good for you Miss Mandy Lou!! Welcome to the wonderfully underestimated world of umemployment! I've had a permanent position here for 4 years now!! :)

Mama Bear said...

I hope you enjoy this time to do things for yourself. Have fun on your "date", catch up on book reading, create lots of amazing things (we all know you are SUPER at that), and I hope you win the contests with Tara!

Aspen said...

I am super jealous of your unemployment status!! Please enjoy one day for me...

Nate said...

Ok you two are scarring (scaring? both are appropriate) me with your current activities. I have dedicated my HIE existense to getting rid of the leach. Call me.

Kandice said...

heh. that was a very enjoyable (and long) date. We will have to make a habit of it...except for the Dr. part!!
Luv ya!

The Galley's said...

I just wanted to clarify my previous comment because after I reread it I realized I forgot to add something. When I said it was retarded I meant to finish that sentence with "that they wanted to write you up." Just didn't want you to think you were retarded. Well at least for quitting.

M Occasionally B said...

your too funny! I am about to join you in the unemployment ranks. I couldn't be more excited! Sorry bout super perv. sounds like he and the boss had a bit of something on the side??? HMMMMM?