Thursday, March 18, 2010

the latest on my purse drama

Thanks to one of my blog readers... my purse has been FOUND!

I got a phone call this morning at work. (I may be a bit off on the details. I was so excited about the news, I kinda lost track!) I was told that yesterday afternoon/evening, a woman came into a dance studio near Wells Fargo and asked if anyone was missing a purse. Nobody was, so she said she was going to take it into the bank because she didn't know what else to do with it. This kind blog fan of mine read my entry this morning and started to put 2 and 2 together. She was able to track me down at work and said she wasn't sure if it was my purse, but that I might call Wells Fargo and see. AMAZING!!!!

I did just that and you know what??? They have it!!! They told me that a woman brought it in and said that it had been shoved up into the wheel well of her vehicle and she thought it was very strange. It would have been one thing to find it on the ground, but to see it there, she knew it was put there on purpose. The bank told me to come and get it, but I didn't feel comfortable touching it without one of the cops giving me the ok. I called the officer who has been working with me and told him the great news. He said he is going to try to get some fingerprints so he might not get it back to me right away. He was also going to check to see if anyone in that area has security cameras that might have caught the little punks in the act of either stealing, or ditching. (Hopefully they won't find video of me and my foul mouth running through the parking lot!)

Anyway, this is great news!!!!

However, there was some disturbing news to the whole thing too. This afternoon, about closing time, a truck was driving behind my work VERY SLOWLY! It caught my attention, and I noticed someone was really looking at the building and my car. It was a young kid wearing the same hat as one of the kids. I am pretty sure it was the one who actually had my purse in his hands. He was pointing at my car and seemed to be laughing. It really freaked me out and I am nervous about what they are going to try to do to me, my family or the Country Bear. I don't really know how long they keep kids in jouvie and he may be there still so it is possibly NOT him. But I am PRETTY SURE it was. Freaking stupid kids.

Anyway, lets not dwell on the bad. MY PURSE WAS FOUND!

Photobucket

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't want to scare you or anything... but I think it would make me nervous as well. He could be trying to follow you or find out where you live. I know it sounds silly, but people are just crazy now days and scary. I hope you called the police to tell them your concerns... just in case, you know? They would know when those little punks were let out of detention and if he would have been able to drive by your work.

Kandice said...

What a crazy week for you. Nothing like getting your adrenaline going! I wish the kids were still locked up. Crazy.

Gill said...

I wish so badly you and Brett had your own reality show! It would be my fav! I love love love reading your blog! I laughed out loud at your comment about the video footage of you and your foul mouth chasing the boys!

Josh and Kristen said...

Glad you found it, and I agree with Stephanie that you never know what crazies are out there. You should tell the police about what happened, and that you think it was the same kid!

Wonderland Girl said...

Oh my goodness, Mandy! the drama! :)

Glad you're going to get it back! Keep us posted! And if you see that kid around your things again CALL DISPATCH!! :)