Thursday, March 25, 2010

the one about Diary of a Wimpy Kid

I am so proud of Quayd. I know I just posted an exciting reading achievement from school, so I am sorry to bore you with another reading blog post. But I am going to do it anyway. Sorry.

Quayd got the first book in the series "Diary of a Wimpy Kid" for Christmas. He has been reading everyday, and fitting this book in as much as possible. When he heard there was going to be a movie, he was so excited! I told him that when he finished Book 1, I would take him to the movie and get him book 2 to start reading. He actually finished it a couple weeks ago, but tonight was the first night we could fit in a movie. (It's only MARCH and our schedules are already filling up!) Brett is out of town for work, so we decided it was a perfect date night! We called our trusty date night companion, Grandma! (Gleneita) We all 3 went to dinner at Cafe Rio (tamale Thursday! Yay!!!) then headed to the show. The movie was so cute and it was so fun to see Quayd get so excited. He would get giddy and tell me, "Oh this part is funny!" or "I love this part!" After the movie, we headed straight to Wal-Mart to find book 2. In the car, I asked Quayd which was better, the movie or the book. I was so excited to hear him say.... THE BOOK!!!! He was telling me all of the differences and I was thrilled to hear it. The book is ALWAYS better!!! And I am glad that he can see that, even as a second grader. When we were at Wal-Mart, he saw this book too and he was very torn which one to get. This one is about the making of the movie and it looked pretty cool too. But he decided to go with book 2. He started reading it in the asiles of Wal-Mart. He came home, read for a bit and crashed. (With me of course since Dad is out of town!)

This was kind of fun... I found it online here. You can "Wimp" yourself! Here is me,
and here is Quayd.
Photobucket

1 comment:

Janice {Run Far} said...

it was a funny show. Franny and I giggled more then the girls. but they liked it too. I love it when Taylor starts giving me details about a book she is reaading. Makes me so proud she is taking it all serious and enjoys reading.