Saturday, March 6, 2010

the one about going to JAIL!

I spent last night in jail.

So did Brett, my brother and Brayden.

We got there around 9:00 pm and got home around 8:00 am. It was MISERABLE, loud, uncomfortable, hot and the food was not only cold, but disgusting. I can't believe I really spent a night in the CLINK!

But at least we got these sweet T-shirts as a souvineer!

Ha Ha Ha!! Did I freak you out??? Our county just built a new jail and it will be opening up in the next few weeks. They held an open house yesterday for people to come and tour the facility and learn how it works. You could also pay $10 for the chance to spend the night. Brett, Brandon and Brayden signed up weeks ago to stay all night. I didn't really think I wanted to stay until after I toured it yesterday with Danette and the kids. I thought it was very interesting and I knew they were gonna have games and stuff, so I changed my mind. I decided to show up at check in time and see if they had room for me. They let me right in and it was really pretty cool! We took lots of games and snacks and we stayed up really late! We were able to wander the jail and get a more detailed look at how things operate. It was super fun, however, the actual SLEEPING was not pleasant at all! The lights never go off and they never turned down the heat! I HATE being hot at night! It was a pretty miserable night as far as rest goes, but other than that, it was pretty fun! Brett and I shared a cell. We grabbed an extra mattress and made a nice big bed on the floor.

Here are a few pictures from the tour we had taken earlier in the evening with Danette and the little boys.

Brandon and Brett taught Brayden and I how to play poker.

The sheriff came around from block to block and we played BINGO! and we finished off the trip with breakfast. It was a great experience. One I won't soon forget, and one I hope NEVER to live again!!!!

3 comments:

Janice {Run Far} said...

oh my gosh how fun.

Wonderland Girl said...

haha cool - I kinda wanted to go but we were out of town. But I REALLY wanted one of those T-shirts! :)

Chauntue Peterson said...

big lol you are always doing crazy and fun stuff i love it. I thought about doing that but I never follow through with anything.