Monday, November 17, 2008

the one about Itty Bity's near-tragedy

So poor little Itty Bitty escaped tragedy the other day.

Allow me to elaborate.

So she has been having a really hard time potty-training. I know. Sick, huh. Seriously, I have had hundreds of cats in my life and I have NEVER had a hard time training one. Even stupid Orange figured it out. (Sorry Orange. I love you, you are a great cat but you are really dumb!) I had to throw that in here, just in case he logged on and read my blog while I was gone. Anyway, she will totally poop in the box, but sometimes she doesn't pee in it. She prefers blankets. Nice soft warm blankets. Sometimes, she even likes to find a nice, soft, warm blanket that someone is sleeping under. She has peed in our beds a few times, and when you are the one getting peed on... well, just imagine.

Brett was getting fed up with it and told Quayd that if she peed out of the box again, she was going to the pound. Well Quayd and I have worked REALLY hard with her and she has been doing really well. She sleeps in her own bedroom, downstairs. complete with food, water, bed and litter box. We haven't noticed any messes for a few weeks. Then all of a sudden, last Tuesday night, we hadn't get her in her room in time and she peed on Quayd. Brett was SO mad and he told Quayd that he was taking her to the pound on Wednesday morning. I was so bugged that she did it, but I also didn't feel like she was totally un-trainable. She is a baby and she makes mistakes. And she is SO cute!!! So I told Brett that if he was going to do it, then it needed to be done while we were gone and that we just wouldn't talk about it again. So when I got home from work on Wednesday, I expected her to be gone. But she wasn't. I called Brett to see why. I figured that he just chickened out. He said he had just been to busy to leave work but he was going to take her after he got home. Quayd and I were so upset. We were crying and everything. It was also the day that Ga went back to the hospital so I was super emotional anyway. By the time Brett got home, Quayd and I were in full hysterics. Brett let us have a "moment" with her, then he loaded her up in the car.

They drove off.

I was so upset and so was Quayd. We were laying in my bed sobbing, cursing Brett and our hearts were broken. Then the phone rang. It was Brett. You will never believe it, but the pound is CLOSED on Wednesdays!!!!!!!

So he brought her back home.

He was SO mad!!! Quayd and I laughed right in his face, and cuddled our little kitty all night! She has been so good too. No accidents. (OK. Maybe one, but Brett doesn't know about it ;) )

I was SO embarrassed though, because Michele stopped by right in the middle of the whole thing and I was SOBBING. I felt so stupid talking to her because I was crying over a cat. Of course I had to tell her the story, and I know she must have thought I was totally nuts, but she was sweet about it. So embarrassing.

So anyway, that is the story of Itty's near-tragedy. It is so funny to me now, but at the time it was horrible. But can you just imagine Brett getting to the pound and seeing that it is closed? Like... what would you do? He said he considered dropping her off there and leaving, but he knew that was too mean. He also considering taking her and a gun somewhere and.... well.... you know. But he could never do that. So, he just turned around, ate a little crow and came home. (tee hee hee.) Seriously, that kind of stuff only happens to us.

3 comments:

Chauntue Peterson said...

lol see that is what haegen's cat always did and it was always on my bed. Well I was not so nice about it I am the one who found her a good home. I couldn't stand it any more, I mean realy don't do it under the bed or any where it was always on top of my bed made me so mad. Sooooo Orange is a computer junky huh lol

Brooke said...

I'm a cat lover, too, so I totally get the emotion. Hope everything goes better for ya ;)

Michele and Wyatt said...

I'm glad you got to keep your cat. Don't be embarrassed about me coming over and seeing you cry. I'm just glad you and Quayd are both feeling better. Good luck with the potty training.