Monday, November 17, 2008

the update about Ga

My poor little Grandma has been to hell and back these last few weeks. It's so hard to see her in such pain and I just want her to get better. I love her so much. I do a lot and spend a lot of time with my grandma. She is one of my best friends. Anyone who knows me well, knows this about me. We have so much in common. We are both crafty, we love food, children, art, music, shopping and we even wear the EXACT size shoes. Everyone else in our family has tiny feet. Not us. SIZE 10 or 11!!! My grandparent's have been more than just "grandparents" to me. First of all, I lived with them for several years. Plus, we are just really close. My family is very small. My grandma and grandpa only had two children; my mom and Uncle Kim. My parents only had 2 children; Brandon and me. Kim only has one daughter; Brooke. Brooke is my only first cousin. On either side!! Isn't that weird. Brett has like 30 cousins or something. Anyway, when we all get together for a party or something, and because Kim & Brooke live out of town, there are only 10 of us. Brandon, Danette, Brayden, Brennen, Brett, Quayd, Ga, Pop, my mom and myself.

Anyway, back to Ga. So she had surgery to correct a bowel obstruction in SLC Nov. 1st. She came home Nov. 6th. She was doing better for a few days, but then she sorta took a turn for the worse again. My Grandpa took her back into the hospital early last Wednesday morning. The 12th. She was really anemic and she had infection somewhere. They ran test after test and gave blood transfusion after blood transfusion and finally realized that her blood got to thin and it was seeping out of the incision on her bowel where they did surgery. They needed to operate again, but she was too weak. So they spent Wednesday-Saturday trying to get her stronger and kill the infection, then they operated yesterday morning. It sounds like things went well. So far, so good. They left a drain tube in and they are working very hard to get rid of all the bad stuff. They seem to think she is FINALLY on the mend, but only time will tell. It has been exhausting. For all of us. My mom, my grandma, grandpa, EVERYONE!

Hopefully this will be the end of it. But I will keep you updated.

4 comments:

Chauntue Peterson said...

oh that is to sad. Wish her well.

Kelli said...

prayers and hugs for your Ga and you. I hate the aftermath of things going wrong.

Cara said...

I will continue to pray for your Ga! She is such a special person to your whole family and anyone who knows her!

Knessa said...

I hope she is doing better. Best wishes to all of your family.