Saturday, January 31, 2009

the one about Kentucky

Ok, so this is just funny. And yes, Janice. This is involves you! ;)

My friend Janice and her family moved to Kentucky last summer. She has been so bugged that they have closed school so many times because of snow. Being a Utah girl, she thinks that the little bit of snow is NOTHING compared to what she is used to. I realize that weather is much different there and one of their biggest problems is ice. So even though it just looks like a little skiff of snow, it is really thick, slick ice. They have ice storms and everything. Anyway, enough of that. If you want to read more, click on this link.

Anyway, today she sent me a text saying that they changed their Church schedule tomorrow from 9 until 1 and they are only having Sacrament meeting because they never plowed the parking lot and now it is pure ice. She was so annoyed by it. All three of us were in the car driving down the street when I got the text. I told Brett and we just started talking about how different the weather is, blah blah blah. It has been a huge topic of conversation lately because Janice keeps me updated on everything and the storms have been a big deal. Anyway, later this evening, Quayd was talking to Brett about the Kentucky storms. He said to his dad, "I guess it's kinda funny that they don't know how to deal with all of that snow in Kentucky. We are lucky because here in America we know exactly how to deal with it!" HaHaHaHa!!! I don't know where he thinks Kentucky is! He is so funny!

Check out this cool picture Janice took. It is a berry tree and all of the little berries are encased in ice, but it looks like glass. I think it is so beautiful. We love you Janice!! And we miss you! The Utah snow misses you too!!! Come back to America. ;)

2 comments:

Tara L. said...

That is too funny. Janice should move back to America. Kentucky is way too far away. Kids and Geography are so funny. Lindsay is always telling me that Grammy ( my mom) lives in Utah, but Bompie (my Dad) lives in Vernal. Silly girl, they live in the same house.

Janice {Run Far} said...

ROFL-

I just love that little man. Some times I feel like I live in another country. The people talk funny and they are very different, in a good/bad way. The weather is the most extreme difference, winter or summer. Tell my little Quayd that we will come visit him in Americs this summer.
We love and miss you guys too.