Wednesday, January 28, 2009

the one about the snow day

We had a CRAZY storm that started Sunday evening. We got close to a foot of snow in one night. There was so much snow we could bearly get out of our driveway. The roads were so slick! There was even an accident that involved a school bus and a police car! I got Quayd off to school and headed for work. It took me 20 minutes to get to work! I live less than 2 miles away. Anyway, just as I got there, I heard some news on the radio that we NEVER seem to hear in our neck of the woods..... They were closing school and declaring it a

SNOW DAY!

My boss, Tara and I all decided to avoid the confusion later and just go pick our kids up. We set aside a couple of rooms at the hotel and brought all of the kids here. I even picked up Brayden and Brennen. They were so excited! They got to swim, we ordered pizza and they just had fun hanging out. Tara and I were still able to work, and it is a good thing. We were so busy. So many people had to change travel plans because of the storm. The kids did come to visit us at the desk. They wanted treats and Quayd needed Q-tips. Our buddy Spencer even came down to enjoy the fun! These are taken in the breakfast roon during our pizza party.
And these are some pictures from their room.

They took a snow day at Airgas too so Brett came down to swim and play too.

4 comments:

Kelli said...

WOW how fun is that. Your son is going to think thats what snow days are all about. hehe and he will tell his kids, when I was little and it snowed..... great memories

Cara said...

Oh my gosh it looks like so much fun. I bet all the kids and Brett are wanting another snow day!

Slaugh Family said...

How fun does that look, I wish that I could've come, and by the way I would love a new page so let me know when you have time thanks Mandy.

Janice {Run Far} said...

Now that is what I am talking about. We have been stuck at home all week, with no where to go and nothing to do. Everything is closed and their is ICE every where. UGH