Tuesday, January 6, 2009

the one about poor Kandice

Oh, my poor little friend Kandice. If you know her, you know what a NUT she is!! I love her to death. She is very tidy, organized and likes everything "just so." She really has a hard time when things don't go exactly as planned. That is why her current situation is so sad, and sorta a little funny. (Sorry Kandice!)

Last Friday she had to make a quick trip to Colorado. When stopping for a potty break, she slipped on the ice and hurt her arm pretty bad. She and I had planned a little girls night out for Friday evening. When she picked me up, she was telling me all about her little spill on the ice. As the evening progressed, her arm started to swell and bruise. Quickly, it got larger and more bruised. We really didn't have set plans for the evening. We had dinner and went to Wal-Mart. After Wal-Mart, I finally convinced her to go to urgent care. I was so excited!! You know how I love stuff like that!!!She even offered to take me home, but NO WAY was I gonna miss out on a possible broken arm. We went to Urgent Care and they did some X-Rays. Her arm was not broken, but it did have a weird blood pooling hemotoma thing going on and all of the tendons and ligaments were kind of a mess. I won't bore you with all the details, besides, I will probably get them wrong, but anyway, she had to go back the next day to get it casted. The cast is about to be the death of her. I feel so bad for her. But it's also a little funny.
You can kinda tell how swollen it was at Urgent Care. This is her getting her X-Ray.
This is how it looks today. She was able to take her cast off and look at how weird the bruise is.

Maybe this story isn't really that funny. Its actually pretty sad. But the tiny part that is funny is thinking about how ONLY KANDICE would slip on the ice and possibly break her arm. ONLY KANDICE would be so stubborn that I practically had to beg her to to go Urgent Care. ONLY KANDICE has a weird blood thing going on that, if not treated, she could lose her arm. And ONLY I would LOVELOVELOVE spending my girls night out at Urgent Care with my homegirl, Kandice.

3 comments:

Kandice said...

hehe...Thanks for saving my arm. I could be an amputee by now if it weren't for you!! Thanks for the best girls night EVER!!! And thanks for still loving me, even though I am a mess!

Chauntue Peterson said...

gee to bad that didn't happen to my butt when I fell they could amputate my butt lol the bruise was sick and wrong. Poor Kandice hope she feels better soon.

Peg said...

Poor Kandice. Its a good thing she has a friend like you who insisted she go to the clinic.