Friday, January 30, 2009

the one about massive head wound harry

You all know how much I love Saturday Night Live. I think the two main reasons I love it so much is because.... #1. I love funny, weird and quirky things. Off the wall humor is totally my thing. #2. The sketches are short and you don't have to think much to get them. I have a little bit of Adult ADD so short, right to the point stuff is really my thing. I can reference nearly everything in my life to some SNL sketch. That is why you will find it no surprise that when my beautiful boy split his head open last night, I was able to reference it to this...

Massive Head Wound Harry Sketch

Poor Quayd. He was coming home from Brennen's house and it was just dark enough that he didn't see something hanging out of my brother's dumpster. Brett and I were just getting dinner on our plates and we heard a horrible scream. Quayd came running in with blood all over his head, face, hands and shirt. The cut wasn't as bad as it looked, but I was freaking out. It was a lot of blood. Brett and Quayd insisted that we didn't need to go to the doctor... so we didn't. I would have taken him.

When he first came in last night and he was totally freaking out, is all he wanted was his daddy and his "bear blank." When he is hurt or sick, he usually wants Brett because Brett will sit and snuggle him. I get to nervous and worried so I can't settle down. (Remember, Adult ADD?) So I get to be the "runner." I get ice packs, Sprite, etc.

Anyway, he is doing fine today. He has a big bump, lots of crusty blood and a headache, but it scabbed over and he went to school this morning. Poor Harry.

3 comments:

Peg said...

Poor kid. He has had a bad couple of weeks with his teeth and now this.He is so cute.Loved seeing you and him the other day.

Chauntue Peterson said...

Those head wounds freek me out. They bleed so bad then it's just a little cut.

Janice {Run Far} said...

I don't know how I missed this post, but some how I did. UGh.

Poor little guy. I feel so bad for him.