Wednesday, March 25, 2009

the one about Bob

Everybody knows what suckers we are when it comes to cats.

Well, here is the newest member of out family. Bob. Let me just tell you about him.

Cons: He is filthy. He stinks like pee. When he comes inside, he makes my whole house smell like pee. He is kind of mean (but getting better). He has a totally deformed, short tale (hence, the name Bob). He has 7 toes of each of his front feet. He is a pig. He has the most awful loud yowl. And he isn't very cute.

Pros: He stays outside 98% of the time. Sometimes we don't see him for days. He has a few extras.... such as toes and possibly chromosomes (I am digging deep for pros!). My other cats don't hate him. He doesn't pee on my floor or my bed.

So right in the middle of winter, Bob starting hanging around my back porch. I noticed him outside for a few days in a row and I was worried about him so I fed him. Then he just kept coming back for more. Imagine that. I tired to pet him a couple of times and he tried to bite me. Then we wouldn't see him for a few days. He kept coming around and my cats starting playing with him outside. Then we wouldn't see him for a few days. We tried petting him more and he started being nicer. Then we wouldn't see him for a few days. One night, Brett decided to let him in. Then we wouldn't see him for a few days. This has been going on for a few months now. Each time he comes in, he gets more and more comfortable and less and less nervous. We think he had to have been someones pet because he is quite friendly now that he is used to us and he seemed well fed. We have no idea where he came from or where he belongs, but as of last night, he thinks he belongs right here. We finally had to carry him outside last night because he wouldn't leave. He stunk so bad we couldn't stand him being inside anymore, and he is still a little unpredictable. Anyway, he is funny, and we kind of like him. Look at how weird his feet are. When he walks, it seriously looks like he is wearing mittens. It is like he has big thumbs. It is so funny!
And this picture cracks me up because this is Skeet's favorite place in the whole house and he is MAD that Bob is laying there. Well that is the latest report from the crazy cat lady!!!

2 comments:

galleygrapevine said...

We are all suckers!! Luckily the cat that "picked" our family is so awesome! Bob is pretty cool except his smell and he looks a little weird. Just think of how happy he is now.

Cara said...

Awww what a cute Bob! I am glad we arent the only ones who have a cat that they sort of don't love! Our Bella drives me insane!