Saturday, March 21, 2009

the one about the trampoline spring


OK. I love gross things. But this was pretty bad. Don't worry, there are no pictures of the actual event so all of the nastiness will be left to your imagination. I did take pictures today, but they aren't bad, I promise. I used photo shop to add some graphics to help you better understand.

Yesterday, Quayd's little buddy Shade came over to play. They had a BLAST! Well, right before Shade's mom came to get him, they were playing on the trampoline. Our trampoline has started to rip a little and a few of the springs have come off. I guess they were using them as fishing poles or something and somehow.... here it comes.... the end of the spring got caught in Quayd's bottom eyelid!!!! It was hanging there and everything! I heard a scream from outside and I ran to the door. He was holding his eye and FREAKING out. I was so scared to look at it! I was just sure it was going to be bad. I told him I would get a washcloth and when I moved his hand to put the washcloth over his eye, I could see that there was no major injury. But.... GROSS! Anyway, it was really bothering him last night but everything in his eye looked good. He could still see and everything and it had flushed out really well. He said this morning when he woke up, it was all crusty and stuck together, but he is doing fine today. Brett was gone when it all went down, but Gleneita was here for a visit. She was pretty freaked out because it reminded her of when Brett was about 3, he stabbed himself in the eye with a steak knife! He had to have surgery and everything. It was a pretty big deal. He is actually blind in that eye because of the injury. Anyway, here are the pictures from today.

This is the spring. I have marked the end that got caught in his eyelid.

The arrow in this picture shows where the spring was hooked. The circle shows the black eye that is starting to form. Here he is today.... CRAZY STORY, Right?

9 comments:

Brooke said...

Holy Cow!!!

Janice {Run Far} said...

Poor guy.. Kiss his little eye for me.

Leisa said...

He is lucky, because it really could have been a whole lot worse. It would really feel wierd to have a spring hanging from your eye!!

The Jackson's said...

Oh my gosh!!!!! He is soooo lucky what a crazy thing to have happen. I am glad he is ok.

Cara said...

O my gosh you were right! Poor Quayd, I am glad he is ok! BTW thanks for the great party today!

Megan said...

He is having some luck I tell ya... Levi poked him with a pencil in the eye last week. He was laughing about it, but geez. He may be destined to be a pirate with one eye!

Megan said...

By the way, love the new blog colors and header! Cute!

AuntEmmy said...

That is totally gross!! Quad is a tough kid - I'd still be crying about it if I was him!

mik said...

Hey i wanted to grab you at the soccer game and let you know that quayd could not ask for better parents. You made me sad when I read your blog about the crazy lady with all the kids and I know you don't want sympathy, and I am not going to give it to you. I have been there and I still struggle with some of the same feelings from time to time. But you are a great person and the time you took time out of your schedule to take pics at Jace's preschool grad and send them to me really meant alot to me. I think of that every time I see you. Thanks for the influence you have had on me. I am sure you had no idea, but thanks. Mikki