Wednesday, March 25, 2009

the one about a surprise visit from Brynn and some other B's

Monday night, Brett and I took Quayd to the rec center to swim. He had been begging all weekend so we finally gave in. I actually don't know why we don't go more often. We have a family pass and we always enjoy it when we go, we are just lazy I guess. And actually, I don't just LOVE swimming there. I would rather walk or something. ANYTHING rather than swim. But Quayd really wanted both of us to swim with him and I couldn't say no. I get the heebie jeebies in the pool with all of the nasty dirty people. I know, that is so rude, but it seriously freaks me out. I can't stand the thought of dirty little kids feet touching me. The only dirty little feet I like are Quayd's. And even his stress me out a bit. Next time he wants me to swim, I will have to break his heart and say no because I only lasted about 15 minutes and I was miserable the whole time. He will have to swim while I work out or something.

ANYWAY.... (sorry about the rant there...) When we got home, I wanted to take a nice long bath. I lit a candle, poured some epsom salts and got all relaxed. Then the phone rang. Brett answered it and it was Brynn. She was driving around with her boys and Beau'D wanted to play with Quayd. She called to tell us they were coming over. I went ahead and finished my bath then went to the front room. I got to hold Brycen while Quayd and Beau'D played. Brett, Brynn and I watched Dancing with the Stars. Brycen was so cute and sweet. He even fell asleep in my arms. Ahhhhhhhhh, gotta love that. When they were getting ready to leave, Brynn took him from me and put him in his car seat. He is so cute and he totally sucks his little thumb. Beau'D was totally loving Quayd's room. He climbed up on Quayd's bed and didn't want to get down. He said he was spending the night, until his mom said she was leaving. Then he was ready to come down!
It was such a nice surprise to have then stop by. We had so much fun watching Dancing with the Stars we decided we might have to make it a weekly event! Brynn is so sweet and I am so glad she is my sister-in-law. And she has the cutest little boys!!!

Isn't it weird that Brett and I both have a Brother named Brandon, they both have 2 sons and no daughters, and they both did the "B" thing with their boys' names? Plus Cory has a son with a "B" name. So we have 2 Brandons and 5 nephews; Brayden, Brennen, Beau'D, Branson and Brycen. Plus Brett, Brynn, my maiden name is Brooks, Grandparents name is Burton, and I have a cousin Brooke. Phewwwwwwww..... It can get confusing!

1 comment:

Cara said...

I love you and your confusing "B" family!