Monday, March 9, 2009

the one about Mel and Meg

Melanie and Megan have been friends of the Lane's forever. I got to know them when Brett and I started dating, back in 1996 (YIKES!) Shortly after I got to know them, They moved away. Melanie is a year younger than Brett, then their other sister Michelle and Megan is the baby. I love these girls so much, and I really love their mom too! The last time we saw them was when Brett's dad, Mike, passed away, about a year and a half ago. We were so excited that Melanie and her hubby Tony would stay at our house with us. They were so much fun and Quayd LOVED having Tony to play with! Anyway, a few weeks ago, it was Mike's Birthday and Megan and Mel wanted to come out and take flowers to him. I mentioned that they were close with Brett's family, but that doesn't quite cover it. Mike was seriously like their Dad. Mike had a way of making everyone feel special and loved, and I think he came into these girls' lives when they really needed it most. He talked about them like they were his kids. Anyway, when Melanie told me that she and Megan were coming out, I was so excited. Megan was huge prego when they were here last, and Mel was still a newlywed.
Now they both have babies and Meg is pregnant again. Megan's little girl, Molly, is a DOLL! She was such a priss! Total girly girl. Konner is a typical, active little boy. He is so cute and he LOVED Quayd. Quayd was able to get him laughing SO hard, as Molly watched from the across the room. I totally stole these pictures from their blogs, but these are their little families. First: Megan, Aaron and Molly
Second: Melanie, Tony, Konner and Tony's daughter. Aren't they all so cute? Anyway, I was totally able to pull some strings and hook these guys up in a hotel room, then we took them all to dinner and then we went swimming at the hotel.

This was all of us with our little babies. (he he he, mine isn't so little!)

It was so fun to see them all! I am so glad they came out to see us. Before they left on Saturday morning, they stopped by Quayd's soccer game. It was so awesome and it meant the world to all of us that they would come and see him play. We are already planning our summer to go out and see them all. Love you Guys!

4 comments:

Chauntue Peterson said...

Super cute new layout I soooo love it.

Peg said...

Its wonderful to have great friends.Looked like fun.

Mama Bear said...

We had so much fun and love you guys too! We can't wait until you come out here!

Whit said...

I love it when you get to catch up with old friends! It's great, to get reaquainted! Glad you had fun!