Tuesday, June 3, 2008

the one about the slip and slide

Yesterday I was babysitting Mya for Aunt Marcie. She got here around 9:00 am. At about 9:10 am, she and Quayd wanted to call Amelia. Then Brennen came over about 9:15am. They all played really good! It was a wonderful warm sunny day so they were outside all morning. When it was time for lunch, we decided to go to summer school lunch (We go every year. I know we are dorks!) and Eli and Shae decided to go with us. When we were going home, it was hot and the kids wanted to run through the sprinklers. The wanted a slip and slide, but I didn't have one, so I offered to go buy one. Then Eli reminded me of one that Grandma Galley had made at her house one time. I called her to see exactly what she had used and she said it was just heavy duty paint tarp stuff. The reason the kids liked it so much was because it was super wide and more than one person could slide at a time. So I ran to the hardware store and got two HUGE tarps and some stakes to hold it down. Eli, Shae and I got it all set up, then I put dish soap on it and turned the sprinkler on. They loved it! It was so cool. Well within no time, Brayden came home and couldn't wait to slide. Then Ashley and Dallin came over. Things were going great, a little crazy, but great. Then the phone rang and it was Drake. He wanted Quayd to come over. Quayd told Drake that he couldn't go there, but Drake could sure come here as long as he brought his swim suit. Soooooooooo here came Drake! And his sister Abby!!! We had 11 kids here slip and sliding. Can you believe that? It was wild, but they had so much fun. I took lots of fun pictures!





4 comments:

Kelli said...

what is summer school lunch? lunch during summer school? we dont have that hear. Your house is the "party" house huh? so fun.

Kandice showed me the cupcake blog stuff you found for me. Thanks so much. I love it.

galleygrapevine said...

Yes! Your house is THE party house! I guess that's what you get for being in the middle of the block. Thanks for entertaining and feeding my children.

Josh and Kristen said...

What the heck? We totally missed out! You're house is facing the wrong way! Hee hee hee. It looks like tons of fun. We'll have to try it.

Megan said...

That looks like lots of fun! We'll have to get the boys together to play sometime soon!