Monday, June 16, 2008

theone about the past, present and future

This looked a little fun to me. Kandice's friend from Australia tagged her, and I decided that Kandice would tag me.

20 years ago...
1. I was almost 10 years old. My best friend in the whole wide world was Marcie. We were probably playing on a hot summer day, just like today. We probably rode our bikes to 7-11. We had probably had 9 fights by now, so I had stormed home mad. By the time I got home, she was calling to see if I cold come back and play. (We lived about 4 houses away.)
2. My parents were still married.
3. I was just your average, energetic, happy 9 year old girl.

10 years ago...
1. I was newly engaged. We had talked about marriage, but now it was official. I had my ring and everything.
2. I was planning my wedding and fighting with my mom about it!
3. I was super excited to be on my own! I was working at Wal-Mart and living in the apartment that would later become Brett's and my first home.

5 years ago...
1. Quayd was just about to turn 1. I was still trying to recover from my crazy sickness. I was still pretty weak, but improving every day.

2. We were living in a small rental house by my in-laws.
3. Brett had a good job. We had NO money and tons of medical bills but things were finally starting to look up for us.

3 years ago...
1. Quayd was almost 3. He was just starting to be the funny kid that he has become today. He was talking tons and he was potty trained.
2. We were toying with the idea of adoption.
3. We had been living in our current house for a year. I had tons of awesome friends.... something I had not had since High School. I was loving this life clear full of GREAT friends!

1 year ago...
1. Quayd was preparing to go to Kindergarten, and I was really trying to talk myself out of sending him. I was so worried that he wsn't ready.
2. Brett was working construction, and just about to start working at AirGas, where he works now.
3. We were preparing to go on our first BIG vacation, out of the country, on a cruise!!

So far this year...
1. I have fallen more and more in love with my great husband. After nearly 10 years we are happier than ever. I realize how lucky I am to have found such a great guy to help me raise our perfect child!
2. We have officially become the owners of our house. Not just paying to own it, but we actually OWN IT!
3. I have learned a lot about myself. I have learned that even though my health is pretty good, I am not invincible. I still have many limitations and I just have to work on being patient with my body. I am still a work in progress and no matter how tough I think I am, I still have to remember that I am only human.

Yesterday...
1. Was Father's Day. We had a swell day, full of swimming, relaxing and getting a terrible sunburn!!


2. Quayd decided he was ready to learn how to swim without a life jacket, and he did it.
3. I ate this turkey and stuffing smothered sandwich thing and I still have heart burn from it today.


Today...
1. I have been trying to clean the dirtiest house in the universe.... mine!
2. Quayd has been relaxing in my bed and watching tv all day, trying to recover from his mild sunburn from yesterday. (It's nothing like mine or Brett's!) So I have been waiting on him hand and foot. It has been really fun, actually. He even wanted me to feed him his lunch!
3. I think we are going to have dinner with the Galley family at Family Home Evening.


Tomorrow...
1. We will go to the library and turn in Quayd's weekly reading record for the summer reading program. We should have done it today, but we just couldn't get moving.
2. We will probably go for a bike ride to the library then to get a shaved ice.
3. There better be some more progress on my dang road!!! Look, though... I finally have a sidewalk!!!

Next year...
1. I will be feeling better than ever! I will have already hit the big 30!!! So that stress will be gone.
2. Quayd will have made it through first grade with flying colors, and he will be almost 7!!!!
3. We will go on an amazing vacation and spoil ourselves ROTTEN!

Now it's your turn.... TAG!!!!! You're it!

3 comments:

Whit said...

Mandy,
I hope that it's okay to peek at your blog. I know that you are super good friends with Kandice and Hope is my aunt and saw that you were really good friends with her. I don't think that we've ever met but every once in a while I peek at your blog and always have so much fun reading it. Your so creative and can see why everyone I know loves you. I enjoy it!

Whitney

Janice {Run Far} said...

That is a fun Tag.. I liked it on Kandice's too. I love reading about all the past and present and future stuff...... FUn FUn fun

Kelli said...

I wish I OWNED my house. I love your sidewalk, its a beauty, cruises are the BEST. we went to alaska a year ago may. next year we home to go to the meditrainian (sp) sorry, I cant spell and am too lazy to look it up, thats lazy.