Friday, May 16, 2008

the one about friends with nasty ears

So this is old. I have had these pictures for awhile and I forgot to post them. I just saw them still on my memory card and I was surprised that I didn't blog it yet. Maybe I did and I am just losing my mind. If you read/see this, and you have seen it before, let me know so I can know I am not crazy.

A couple of weeks ago, Tara and Shae stopped by and they were so proud of themselves. They had bought earwax candles and they were ready to take the plunge. Tara SO didn't want me to take pictures, but I just HAD too! It is just who I am!




Shae didn't mind the pictures. Isn't she cute!!!!


So, then, strangely enough, Kandice called through all of this and mentioned that she had one candle and would like to try it. I just happened to have 1 extra so we were able to clean both ears. She came over and I just lined all of my guests up on my couches. I hate to say this and I hope I don't embarrass her, but Kandice's ears were the grossest ears I have seen yet. I KNOW!! I am shocked too!!! Actually, they weren't dirty GROSS, but sorta smelly gross. I have never gotten the least bit ill or dry heav-ey while doing other peoples ears, but I sorta did with old Kandice. Sorry friend!



I am so glad I have friends who allow me to get my kicks from their nasty body functions. I am so blessed! And I am also grateful that they allow me to publicly humiliate them on my blog!!!

7 comments:

Kandice said...

ok now. I have to defend myself...lol. I thought about it after I left, and I sleep with these waxy earplugs every night. Well, I was using them the other day, and they STINK, so I need new earplugs. SOOOOOO, I think although I do not have a lot of earwax, those trusty candles burnt out a year or two of my earplug build up, disgusting as it sounds. I will be visiting you again next year, but I will bring rubber gloves and a nose plug for us all!!!! LOL :)

Kelli said...

I am actually looking forward to your body function blog post these days (remember my hubby and I were freaked out grossed out when I first started reading your blog) now I am use to it. hehhaha Pour Kandice

ALL ABOUT US said...

OKay so you got me interested how does this work? I clean my ears everyday after I get out of the shower with q-tips. I'm thinking i want to try this hahaha

galleygrapevine said...

Thanks for the cleansing. I clean my ears everyday and was surprised at the gunk that was still in there. It sure did feel weird and good. It was way worth the humiliation!! :)

Knessa said...

You are so into body grossness. It is hilarious you are such a monkey picking out natts in our fur. I remember when you and Brett would pick each other's faces at play practice and then tell EVERYONE how gross it was!

Ramanda said...

Ooh pick me! Pick me! I want to be your next earwax cleaning friend! I am so anal about my ear cleanliness that I want to see all the nastiness that comes out! So when I come to town I will schedule an appointment with you! I won't even use any Q-tips so that it is extra gucky!

Annie said...

Hi, Mandy. This is Aspen's sister, Annie. I know it's creepy that I'm a blog-lurker, but I must comment. You girls have to stop with the earwax candles! It's a hoax! I did this a couple of years ago & my ears started bugging me within a month or two. I finally had to go in to see a doctor. She told me people do this all the time and don't realize that it's not really cleaning their ears, it's putting wax in! She brought in all these other doctors to check out the weird film over my eardrum, then they had to go in and clean it out.