Tuesday, May 20, 2008

the one about my uncle kim


In honor of my Uncle Kim's Birthday, I would like to dedicate this blog to him. He actually sent me some pictures a few months ago and he wanted me to blog about him, but I just haven't yet. So I thought today was the perfect day.

Here are a few interesting facts about my FAVORITE UNCLE!!!!!
He loves to tease everyone!
He is a total prankster and he used to make me cry all the time when I was a litttle girl.
He is super smart and always has the latest and greatest toys and electronics.
He collects antiques and has come across some amazing things! (And some slightly offensive and very unusual things too!)
His real name is Dennis, but only his "new" friends call him that. He will always be Kim to me.
He is the father of my one and only cousin, Brooke.
He is my great-grandma Karren's favorite! (My mom added that part. Do you sense a little jealousy?)
He loves to travel, and when I was in 9th grade, I was lucky enough to go on a trip with him to NYC!
He taught at my old High School for several years, but he changed schools just as I entered.
He loves the theater and the arts.
He is a GREAT performer. He has been in several musicals and plays and I love to watch him.
He is so talented and creative.
He has a hot pink Christmas tree!
His favorite store is D.I. and if we get gifts from him, we know they came from there. Not because he is frugal, but because he loves to find the most unusual gifts and they are usually my favorites!
He is the best Yard Sale partner, ever!
His favorite book as a child was Zippy.
His favorite toy from his childhood was a stuffed cat with a plastic face.

He lives a few hours away now and I miss him all of the time. Even though he is "banned" from here, I sure wish he would come visit soon! He is so much fun and I love him to death! Thanks, Uncle Kim, for always bringing a smile to my face and drama to the family!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

2 comments:

Knessa said...

HA! I remember when you went to NYC. Didn't people on the subway scream at you because you were wearing those green foam Statue of Liberty crowns? Pfft...to them, you can't even go into anymore. What is the iguana's name?

Kelli said...

why is he "banned"? that is very interesting, inquiring minds want to know.

Thanks for the comment on my blog. AND what was that recipe that you gave Kandice a cupcake on her birthday. Allkames@gmail.com Kelli