Wednesday, May 21, 2008

tho one about my trip to NYC

Don't get to excited. It was a long time ago. Nearly 15 years ago to be exact, but yesterday in my post about my Uncle Kim, I mentioned my trip and my good friend Vanessa left a comment that sparked my memory. So I decided to tell you a little bit about it.

Remember how I told you uesterday that my cool Uncle Kim was a High School teacher? Well he was also involved with the Drama stuff. For a couple of years, he and the Drama teacher, Mr. Dickson took drama students to NYC. I can't really remember how it all happened, but they ended up with a odd number of people and I got to be the extra. It was very last minute and a huge surprise when he told me he was taking me. I was So excited. I was also thrilled to go with my cousin Brooke, who I idolized.

So we flew to NYC and stayed in a hotel and went to tons of Broadway Shows. We went to Macy's, Bloomingdales, the Statue of Liberty and tons of other places. I even saw Matthew Broderick!!!!! We were there the weekdend of the Tony Awards and we were the annoying people that stood out side and shouted at the stars as they got out of the limos. Since it was broadway, I didn't really know too many stars except for Matthew Broderick. We also saw him in the show he was staring in.

So the whole thing that triggered this blog is a comment from my frined Vanessa yesterday. Let me copy and paste.

"HA! I remember when you went to NYC. Didn't people on the subway scream at you because you were wearing those green foam Statue of Liberty crowns?"

You were close, Vanessa. I was actually teased on the ferry about the statue of liberty crown.


Now the subway teasing came from the shirt I bought at the musical CATS. It was all black and had two green cat eyes on the back and said CATS on the front. We walked all over the city that day, and every perv on the street said, "Here, Kitty Kitty!" It was awful and I wnated to cry!! I was so offended. I don't have a good picture of the shirt, but this is me wearing it. I was wearing white shorts and the T-Shirt. (Look how cute and skinny I was.) :( That was taken in Central Park feeding squirrels.

Anyway, it was a super fun trip and I was super excited to get to go. Thanks Kim!!!

Here are a few more pictures.

4 comments:

galleygrapevine said...

What a little Hottie!! Sorry to say but I think if I would have seen you on the Ferry wearing that, I probably would have made fun of you too, Sorry! I would LOVE to go to NYC. Maybe someday.

Janice {Run Far} said...

Oh my gosh you look like a little baby girl, you were so cute. Looks like you had tons of fun. NYC is on my list of places to see... So is this little place called Paris, looks like I might get to see that place pretty quick... ;)

Wonderland Girl said...

Okay so did you go in 97? I went in 98. SOOOOOOOOO fun. what shows did you see? You left out that vital info! :)

Knessa said...

Hehehe! It is funny that I remembered any detail of a vacation you took in the 9th stinking grade! But I can never find my license or my keys. What is that about?