Sunday, May 11, 2008

the one about our yard sale

Phewwwwwwwwwwww.............

That is all I can say.

Holy cow! Having a yard sale is so much work. I wonder every time I do one, "What in the heck was I thinking!?!?" But I still keep on having one about every other year. It's fun though and I really can't complain. I usually make pretty good money, this time being no different. It ended up being Tara, Janice and I and we all made BANK!


I don't really want to say how much I made, because I don't want to sound boastful. So don't ask. But it was enough to make me want to have another one in a year or two! ;) I put an ad in the Nickle Ads that mentioned time, location and a few of the things we had for sale. It also said that we would start at 8:00 am. Tara, Janice and I decided we would meet at Janice's around 7:00 and start setting up. Well she already had a huge crowd when I got there around 7:10!!! It was steady from then until about 11:30 or 12:00.Quayd and Taylor wanted to do a bake sale. They make like $16.25 each. We make tons of cookies and homemade suckers. Janice bought drinks for them to sale. (But guess who sat right there and sold it??? NOT THE KIDS! Oh well, they had fun playing around and they were very entertained.) We had so much stuff though. I got rid of SO MUCH SCRAPBOOK STUFF! It seriously FLEW out of there. By about 10:30 or so, a lady came by and said, "If you will take a check, I will buy all of the scrapbooking supplies that you have left." I was like, "SURE!" and we started adding it all up. It was about $50.00 worth. She got a heck of a deal cuz there was ALOT of nice stuff there. I was thrilled though, because it was gone and I didn't have to worry about hauling it off. And it was to late to change my mind about selling it.

After I have a yard sale, I always take the left over stuff to D.I. I figure if I have considered it junk and hauled it out of my house, I am NOT bringing it back! Well there is a lady who used to be in my ward and she is a good friend of my moms. She has some medical issues and has to have treatments done every year or so. To earn money, she has a huge yard sale. I know she is having one soon, so I loaded up our stuff and stopped by her house. She was THRILLED! Brett and I loaded it in her garage and we were done. It felt good to be able to help. It also felt good though to be rid of all of that stuff. This is all was had left. While we did this, Tara and Janice figured up our earnings.

We were very happy. As usual, we had some funny things happen to us throughout the day so we were able to laugh and have a great time. Probably my favorite part of the day, though, was lunch. There is this cute new little Taco stand in town. They make authentic Tacos and OH MY FREAKING HECK!!! They were AMAZING! (The stand is right in between Mansfield's Printing and Marsean Sleep Center, in case you are wondering.) They also make amazing hamburgers. They are EXACTLY like Polar King. (I realize that inless you are from here you have no idea what I am talking about, so sorry!) The weather couldn't have been any better. The wind picked up a little but nothing too serious. We all got a little sun and it just felt great to be outside! Thank you so much, Greg and Janice, for letting us have it at your house. It was a GREAT location.

2 comments:

Janice {Run Far} said...

I keep forgeting to tell you that one women asked me if we were there every weekend... I was like.. um no this is a one time thing.. LOL

It was fun and yes those tacos are totally calling my name today.. mmmm good thing they are pretty healthy, at least more then the hamburgers

Michele and Wyatt said...

I'm glad your yard sale was a success, and that I could help you out. I'll have to try out the new taco stand. Sounds great.