Thursday, May 29, 2008

the one about my personal belongings

Prepare yourself... This will likely be the most boring post you have ever read. You can turn back now and I won't be offended. I did take lots of pictures to ease the pain, but it is still pretty lame. So here goes.

A little over a year ago, Quayd and I went to visit our FAVORITE out of town cousins. Rhonda, Amy and CJ. Us girls spent the entire weekend scrap-booking. It was a blast! Well, Amy made me a super cute checkbook cover. She buys the clear covers and makes a cute scrapbook-ey insert. Well I have had it for all of this time, and yesterday I felt like a change. So I dissected it and made my own. (front)
(back)
(inside)

When I first put it together, my checkbook register kept falling out, so I got a little clip and clipped it in there. Then I thought I would tie some cute ribbons on it and turn it into a decoration, rather than an accessory. (This is the way my mind works, I can't help it!)

Ok, so here is my confession. (Please don't tell Brett!) I actually got a new wallet yesterday. That is what triggered my new checkbook design.
Cute, huh! My old wallet had finally had it! The slots were so loose all of my stuff kept falling out and the stitches were coming apart. I looked at purses too, but I knew that I would be crossing the line if I got a new one. Besides, I love love love the purse I have right now. It is the perfect shape and size and I seriously love it SO much!!!

Why don't men understand the purse thing? Like, I LOVE purses and wallets and stuff. I get so excited over it. Do you?

Well, thanks for sticking with me through that. I know it was boring. And remember, let's keep the new wallet thing on the down low. Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're WAY too crafty! Cute checkbook cover, cute wallet, cute purse, cute post! I wasn't bored at all. You're just cute!

Aspen said...

I love that you don't feel the need to tell Brett about all of your new items. I have a friend that buys things and hides them in her trunk, and then slowly "introduces them" to the household. Gotta love it!