Tuesday, September 16, 2008

the one about missing Papa

Again, I found these pictures while going through some old ones a while back. They are from Thanksgiving (2003, I guess) and Mike was in the VA hospital in Grand Junction, Co. We had dinner with my family around noon, then packed up a big thermos bag thing and took dinner to Mike. I had totally forgotten about these pictures. They were filed away in "Thanksgiving Pictures," and there were only a few in there (I mean who REALLY takes pictures at Thankgiving? Although, it is a perfect time to do so). Needless to say, they have been overlooked since, well, 2003. Mike was so excited to see Quayd that day. It was just Brett, Quayd, Talia and I that went to be with him, and it was sort of a surprise. Mike's reaction was priceless! Ohhhhhh, I really miss him.

3 comments:

galleygrapevine said...

I'm so glad you got those pictures. He sure Loved his little Quayd!

Cara said...

Those are such cool memories! It is so neat that you guys can look back and remember what a great papa he was!

Chauntue Peterson said...

cute new lay out are you so glad that you found those pictures