Friday, September 19, 2008

the one about out 10 year anniversary


Can you believe it? Today is our 10 year Anniversary. We were married on September 19, 1998. It's so crazy to think that I have been married for that long! We were babies when we got married and sometimes I wonder what in the HELL we were thinking... but you know... I wouldn't change it for anything. Contrary to popular believe, Brett is such a great guy. He takes care of me, he respects me and he loves me. Most people don't get to see the REAL Brett. So I am going to list 10 things about him that might surprise you.

#1 He is one of the funniest and silliest people I have ever met. Although, he likes people to think he is all business.
#2 He pulls the most HIDEOUS faces at me sometimes just to make me laugh.
#3 You can't argue with him, not only because he is "always right," but because he is such a dork! I try to get mad at him and he does anything he can to turn it around. He either pulls the stupid faces or says something annoying. He looks at me, shrugs his shoulders and in a little-kid-with-a-lisp voice, says, "Sorry."
#4 He is quite sensitive. Not in a "sweet & romantic" kind of way, but in a "Put up a wall and don't let anybody in" kind of way. I am just so glad that I am the one that gets to be on the inside of that wall.
#5 He is CRAZY smart. Seriously. It's kind of annoying, actually.
#6 He couldn't win a race if he had too. He used to enjoy running, but he is really slow. It's weird. It's like his legs don't move or something.
#7 He is probably the best dad on the planet. He is so cute with Quayd and Quayd is SO lucky to have him all to himself!
#8 He is HORRIFIED of birds. He just freaks out when he sees them. He thinks they will peck his eyes out.
#9 If I can ever get him to do it, he gives the BEST back rubs/tickles/scratches. He won't do it much though because I never do it back. I HATE to scratch backs, and he is SO ticklish that if I "brush" his skin in a certain way, he squirms and giggles like a little girl. It makes me crazy so I don't do it much. Therefore, he doesn't get to return the favor.
#10 He rarely moves or rolls over in his sleep. He gets in the same position every night and doesn't move.

#10 is the one I am missing right now, because Brett is out of town and won't be back until Sunday. He left LAST THURSDAY! So I haven't got to have him next to me at night. And it sucks. He went to The National Fire Academy in Washington D.C. (He is taking lots of pictures so I can blog about it soon. Then I will give more details.) We have known for some time that he would be gone on our anniversary, and although I was prepared, I have been sitting here kind of sad all evening. Quayd played with Brennen and ate dinner over there. I was just going to have cereal, but I decided to walk over to my brothers and see if they had any leftovers. They did. So I ate cold Taco's by myself. Isn't that pitiful? I planned on going to sleep early, but I got really lonesome and couldn't sleep. What a crappy anniversary. Oh well. We will make up for it when he gets home. He owes me a BIG FAT DATE!!!!! I am not one of those wives who freaks out when the hubby is away. I miss him, but I am glad he got to go to the school. It is actually a big honor to go and I am really proud of him. I have been fine having him gone, but 10 nights is a long time. My bed is not empty though. It is full of a bed hogging, squirming, kicking, tossing & turning, 6 year old little bear. :) Quayd is a fun bed partner, but I sure miss my big, scruffy, non moving husband.

I love you so much Bretty!! Thanks for putting up with me for all of these years. You are the best and I will love you forever. Come home SOOOOOOOOOOOOON!!!! Happy 10 Year Anniversary!


12 comments:

Cara said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! I am the first to comment hahha! I am sorry that Brett was out of town on your speial day but I know he will make up for it with some sweet, sweet, date night fun!

Ramanda said...

I like that Brett! I can't even imagine him as being all business he is just to darn hilarious! Ok...so...I need to borrow him for a back rub/scratch/tickle cause Mike is just terrible at it and I would give my left nut(if I had one) for a good all of the above! So if you are up to lending him out, it wiuld be greatly appreciated! Happy Anniversary! I love that you guys have been so lasting and it has been a joy to witness you two together! You guys are fantastical!

Brooke said...

Happy Anniversary! That stinks that you couldn't be together, but I'm sure he'll make up for it!

Kelli said...

so sweet. I love this post

Kandice said...

awww. that was so cute. You forgot to add that he is also terrified and very sickened by the mentioning of fart or poop...lol. He is one fun guy. I hope he makes it home safe and sound, and that he had fun. And you are right, you two need a huge date-10 years is awesome!

Megan said...

Awww. Happy Anniversary! Jory and I have been together since 1999, but only married 1 year!
Quayd was so excited that his dad was going to be home this weekend. He is so funny. Remind me to tell you what he told me.

Love ya girl!

M Occasionally B said...

congrats Mandy. 10 years! That's big these days. I am happy for you two.

The Galley's said...

I agree with the birds.

Lindsay said...

Yay! Happpy anniversary! I can' think of any two people who fit togather better then you two! We just love ya both!

Lindsay said...

That was supposed to say I CAN"T think of two people who fit together better... somehow the T didn't quite make it... oops.

Michele and Wyatt said...

Happy Anniversary. That picture of you and Brett at a High School dance is great. When I first saw it I wondered why you were putting a picture of these random people. I really didn't think it was you and Brett. Then I looked at it for a minute longer and realized it was a very young Mandy and Brett. You two are so cute.

Chauntue Peterson said...

your tagged check it out