Sunday, September 7, 2008

the one about having some SERIOUS catching up to do

I am so happy to finally have my computer back. It has been visiting Dr. GJ for the past week and thank goodness, everything is back to normal. A big, fat shout out to GJ for all of his sweet computer skills. He is the best and he was so nice to hook me up and take such good care of my computer while it was away. Thank you GJ!!!

Because of my sick computer, I feel like my whole life has been in shambles. I had TONS of email to read and lots of blogs to catch up on. Quayd has been upset with no computer because he didn't even get a chance to play with the Webkinz Pet he got for his Birthday. By the way, have you heard of Webkinz? SO COOL! I thought it was so neat, actually, that I got one too! Maybe I'll tell you all about it later. But anyway, since GJ delivered my "LIFE" on Friday, Quayd and I have been fighting over who gets to play first.
Well, so much has been happening in our little world, I don't even know where to start. Not really anything BIG, just lots of stuff. School, of course is keeping Quayd busy. He LOVES first grade. He has said, though, that he gets very tired and that it sure makes for a long day. He is doing so great though and I am so proud of him. He loves his teacher, and he has made lots of cute little friends. He turned 6 last weekend, and I haven't even had a chance to blog about it. I will tell you all about his Birthday in another post. Hopefully later today.

Last Monday night, Holly and Kandice invited our family to come to Remember the Main for Family Home Evening/Labor Day fun. They had dinner all fixed and we just had to show up. Do I have great friends, or what??? It was awesome. They grilled hamburgers, and they were super yummy. We also had potato salad, chips, desserts and other goodies.

I've been working quite a bit. A lot more than I expected, but also unexpected, I kind of enjoy it. A Lot. I work days now and it is usually while Quayd is at school. I still worked a couple of evenings last week, but from now on... just days. Cool, huh. I love it! It is a FUN job. My boss is really cool and I have gotten to be pretty good friends with her. She has a 10 year old son and he and Quayd are buddies. He came with us yesterday to the Jensen Fire Safety and Preparedness Fair. The kids had a blast! Amelia came too. They had a lot of great displays and activities to teach families about fire escape plans, what to do in the event of a fire, proper use of a fire extinguisher, food storage and alternative cooking ideas, among many others. One of the most popular events was the Life Safety House. It simulated a house fire and taught the importance of having a escape plan. It filled up with smoke and you were able to see how quickly fire fills a room. Quayd did this with his friends once, but it sorta scared him, so he didn't want to go again. Although, Morgan and Amelia went several times.



Well, I guess that is all I have to talk about. Our lives have been so crazy the last week, but I can't really think of what has kept us so busy. We sure haven't accomplished anything. Oh well. I will try to catch up over the next few days.

4 comments:

galleygrapevine said...

glad to see that you are blogging again. cute pictures of the kids in Jensen. Thanks for taking Amelia, She had a blast!!!

Janice {Run Far} said...

Missing you.. Thanks for the much needed chat today.

Anonymous said...

Speaking of fire safety... still keeping my eyes our for you!!

Robin Conner said...

Hey Mandy,
It is good to see you on here. Your family is so cute and growing fast! I hope things are going well for you! ;)