Friday, October 17, 2008

the one about the big 3 - 0!!!


thirty (thûrt-E)
Noun
pl -ties
1. the cardinal number that is the product of ten and three
2. a numeral, 30 or XXX, representing this number
3. something representing or consisting of thirty units
Adjective
amounting to thirty: thirty miles
thirtieth adjn

Yah. I am 30 today. I don't really know what to think, other then.... HOLY CRAP! I AM 30!!!!!! 30 just seems so old. I don't really feel old, but it sure sounds old.

Here are some interesting things containing the number 30.

30 minute meals with Rachel Ray
The TV show "30 Rock"
The TV show "30something"
Thirty Years War 1618-1648
30 year Mortgages
30 30 is an ideal Midtown Manhattan hotel location, near Park Avenue
Thirty is the second point that is scored by one side in tennis

Some interesting things that happened in History on October 18th:
1867 - United States takes possession of Alaska after purchasing it from Russia for $7.2 million. Celebrated annually in the state as Alaska Day. (Your welcome, Sarah Palin!)
1935 - Birth of Peter Boyle, American actor
1939 - Birth of Lee Harvey Oswald, purported American assassin of John F. Kennedy
Zac Efron born on October 18, 1987

Interesting things that happened in 1978:
The birth of the first "test-tube" baby, The signing of the Panama Canal Treaty. (Brett is obsessed with the Panama Canal, so I threw that one in for him.)
The top five shows of 1978 were All in the Family, Charlie's Angels, Three's Company, Happy Days, with the most popular being Laverne & Shirley

On the day of my birth, October 18, 1978, Grease was number one at the box office. And the number one song was "Kiss You All Over" by Exile.

I would like to celebrate ME for a second and write 30 things I love about my 30th Birthday...
1. I love being healthy!!!!!
2. I love being Quayd's mom
3. I love being Brett's wife
4. I love my family and friends
5. I love these guys... 6. I love that I am a woman.
7. I love that, even though I am not perfect, I have people that love me.
8. I love my car.
9. I love my job.
10. I love that Kandice took me out for a fun night on the town to ring in my 30th Birthday!!!

11. I love that while we were out, I saw my best buddy, Jay!!!
12. I love my new coat, Thanks Bretty!!!
13.I love that Cara wanted to make sure to be the first one to wish me Happy Birthday, so she brought me a super cute candy gift package. It was from her and Debra, and even though I thought I took a picture of it with my cell phone... I didn't.
14. I love that Brett cleaned the kitchen for me while I was out.
15. I love that I am going to go to dinner with my family tonight.
16. I love that Quayd still likes to snuggle me.
17. I love that Brett still likes to snuggle me.
18. I love that I have such a great friend (Kandice) and that we are comfortable enough with each other that we spent 1 1/2 hours skinny dipping in a hot tub tonight, just talking about everything and nothing. (Of course it was dark. I mean REALLY Dark!)
19. I love that my house is all decorated with my Halloween stuff.
20. I love that I was able to reference my birthday to a test tube baby. That is FUNNY!
21. I love that I was able to go see Nights in Rodanthe before it left our local theater. (Thanks Brett. It meant a lot to me that you took me!)
22. I love that my Birthday is in the fall. It is such a pretty time of year and I love it!!!
23. I love Diet Pepsi.
24. I love that Brett, Quayd and I have the BEST family ever. We are so lucky to have each other and even though having one child is not at all what we planned for, it works for us and we love it!
25. I love that it has been 6 years since my health/heart ordeal and I am feeling better than ever.
26. I love that I have been married for 10 years! Isn't that cool!?!?!?
27. I love that I have my blog so I can record all of these crazy feelings.
28. I love that I have friends and family who read my blog.
29. I love that Tara is going to cover for me at work so I can have the day off! (She doesn't know that yet! ;)
30. But most of all, I LOVE that I am 30!!! Seriously. 30 is great, and I am so glad I have finally reached that milestone. I love my Birthday and I am so excited that it is TODAY!!! Rock on 30!!!!!!!

happy birthday to me!

20 comments:

Ramanda said...

Somebody is getting OLD! Welcome to the club! The Dirty Flirty Thirty Club that is! Mandy, you make thirty look DAMN good! Happy birthday!!!

Janice {Run Far} said...

I am totally bummed I missed out on the night out and mostly missed out on the skinny dipping in the hot tub. Miss you and bummed I am not there to celebrate with you.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY anyways....

Cara said...

I love you so much and I am sorry that we didn't really take a pic of your gift from Debra and I.Hope your day totally rocks! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

G.J. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kandice said...

EEEEK....lol. I left a post when I was on G.J.'s settings....I had to hurry and delete it!!! but it went as follows:
Aww. 30 is treating you mighty fine!!! Thanks for our evening!!! After all our evenings out we might need to invest in some swimsuits that we keep permanently in my car ;) I had a blast! Have a great day!!!!!!!!!
(yeah, that might not look too good coming from him, hehe, but from me it is ok.

Chauntue Peterson said...

Happy Birthday Mandy I tried to call you all night I guess that is why you were out partying it up Best wishes for the next year,

Brooke said...

Happy Birthmark! - I mean Birthday! Thirty does rock.

Kelli said...

Happy Happy Birthday Mandy Dear! Hey when is your movie coming out? Hope you have a wonderful day, which I am sure you will cuz your so loved by your family, so they will make sure its special.

Tara L. said...

Happy Birthday Mandy!

Monica said...

Happy Birthday Mandy!! Hope you have a great one!!

Knessa said...

Happy B-Day! I love your pictures! You do looks so well and so happy. I love all your positivity. You do have the best family ever. Have a great day, it is beautiful outside hope you enjoy it.

Whit said...

So I am blog stalking you, but I wanted to write and say thank you so much for being so nice to Spencer. He's having a tough time as you probably saw on my blog (if you ever even look at it) and he said that you have been so nice and cool with him. YOu don't know how much that means to me.

Geier's said...

Happy birthday! You are a star!

Emily said...

Happy 30th Birthday Mandy... you sure know how to celebrate!

Jenzette said...

Happy Happy Birthday!!!!

Paul and Megan Hawkes said...

Happy Birthday!

Wonderland Girl said...

happy birthday and i wish i'd have known when i saw you on thurs! :)

AuntEmmy said...

I turned 30 in Sept. and it is fabulous! Happy Birthday!
Em

Michele and Wyatt said...

Happy Birthday Mandy! You are awesome.

Thanks for dinner tonight. It was fabulous.

Slaugh Family said...

I am sosososo glad that you loved the treat that we got you and we wanted to take you to lunch but I was in casper seeing my Dad. I am so very glad that you had a wonderful 30th Birthday, I wish that next month whenI turn 30 I will look as good as you DO NOW and will FOREVER!!!! love ya Mrs. Mandy