Tuesday, October 21, 2008

the one about Kan-suela

Since I have been working full time, I have really been slacking on my house work. I am not exactly the best house keeper anyway... but I have really had a rough time keeping up on it now. A few weeks ago, I looked around and noticed that my floors were awful, my walls were disgusting and the bathroom...... oh, the bathroom. Anyway, I got so frustrated and overwhelmed that I knew it was time to call for help. I knew I needed a house cleaner. Who is the first person I called? KANDICE! She is the best little house keeper ever! She will tell you that she isn't, but don't listen to her. She is the best. I told her what I needed and we worked it out. She comes once a week and I am so happy about it. She says she loves the extra money, but I love coming home to a nice clean house. It helps me SOSOSOSOSO much. She doesn't even know how much I appreciate her. I was so excited to come home today and find my nice clean oven, sparkling fridge, organized junk drawer, and everything else nice and clean. I took a few pictures to show off my super clean house.



Kandice is so funny. When I first approached her about this, she said she would like to help me out, but that there were a few rules. The biggest one, which we both agreed on and we are trying really hard to obey, is to not have it be weird with the money end of it. I know she doesn't charge me enough, so I try to pay her extra. I never want ANYTHING to interfere with our friendship, especially a "business transaction," so we are both trying to be really open, up-front and honest. So far, so good. Her next important rule was that she have certain cleaning products. She made me a list and I bought everything she needed, including a handy tote to keep it all in.
She also requested that I have treats on hand. Last time it was peanut butter M & M's (our favorite!) and this time it was my yummy cupcakes. She is not a big soda drinker, but enjoys a Pepsi on occasion, so I always make sure to have a nice cold one in the fridge for her. So far, this has worked out GREAT for me, and I hope it has been ok for her too. I love my little Kandice so much! She does a great job and I love that we are close enough that I don't even freak out for her to see how big of a pig I really am. OK. So I freak out a little, but it is totally worth it.

I wanted to share a few pictures of my fall decorations. I had to take them today while everything was nice and clean.

9 comments:

galleygrapevine said...

Kansuela is quite the little housekeeper. She does such a good job. I would consider hiring her BUT my house is so disgusting, I would have to clean first.

Janice {Run Far} said...

Do you think she will come to Ky to clean my house for me?

Cara said...

Wow what a great friend she is! I know I would never want anyone in my house to see how piggish we are!

Kelli said...

I wish I had someone to clean my house and I am a SAHM, poo poo on me. I need to get off the computer now and make my house shine!

Tari said...

I'm so happy for you! I hate to clean but I love a clean house! I'm glad you found a way to make it happen for you and way to go Kandice!

Anonymous said...

Your house is decorated up so cute for fall, and WOW! It's so sparkly and shiny clean!

Kandice said...

I am SO SO happy that this is working out for both of us. I really do my very best job, and yes it is weird getting paid for it, but I know it helps you, and it SO helps me, So I am good with it. I can't wait until next week. I love doing your house the best. Sorry I ate 4 cupcakes....lol. I should have stopped at 1. Thanks so much for giving me this chance, and for doing such a good job blogging about it!!! TTYL

Slaugh Family said...

Wow, I am so happy for you both and the house looks great, your a super good seasonal decorater and I am not just one more thing that I will have to dust, I wish you both the best.

Michele and Wyatt said...

Your house looks great. I wondered if my husband would let me, a stay at home mom, pay someone to clean my house. I should be able to keep it clean, but it just doesn't happen.