Wednesday, October 29, 2008

the one about the corn maze



I was so excited today to get to go to Quayd's field trip at the Bluebell corn maze. I have been so lucky to go help in his class every Monday and I knew I couldn't pass up the opportunity to go on my first field trip as a Mom. We packed our lunches this morning, bundled up, (which we didn't need to do after all, because the weather was BEAUTIFUL!) and loaded on the bus. It seemed like we would never get there, but we finally did. One hour on a crowded bus full of 6-7 year olds was my idea of HELL! We took a wagon ride and all of the kids all got to pick a gord from the pumpkin patch. Then we had a little lesson on water and corn to prepare us for the questions we would find in the maze. We had a potty break, and we were off. Our group made it through the maze with no troubles. Luckily, the other mom in our group had already been, so she lead us. After the maze, the kids got to play on the slides, in the corn bin, feed the goats and just run around. They loved it! We loaded back on the buses and went to the Bluebell park for lunch. The kids got to play for awhile, then we loaded back on the hell bus and headed home. It was such a fun day. I am so glad I got to go. Quayd's class had like 6 moms that came to help. One of the other first grade classes didn't have one single mom help. Sad! Quayd has such a great teacher and I am so glad he has such a fun class. I am in charge of his Halloween Party on Friday and I can hardly wait!!!

1 comment:

Jenzette said...

How fun!!!! I bet the kids went wild.