Tuesday, October 14, 2008

the one about parent teacher conference

Well, last night, Brett and I went to Quayd's parent teacher conference. I am so delighted to say.... QUAYD IS A GENIUS!

Mrs. Green talked to Brett and I for quite awhile about Quayd. It is so nice when your child's teacher thinks your child is as great as you do! She totally bragged all about Quayd and I was just eating it all up! She told us that he was a good boy in class, he sets a good example, and he is a quick learner. It made us laugh because some of the things she told us were SO BRETT!!! Such as, his handwriting. He can write all of the letters, with no problem, but he just won't take his time and make it nice and tidy. It stresses me out because I am a FREAK about nice handwriting. Brett, on the other had..... not so much. Mrs. Green also told us that Quayd just wants to listen, learn and be done with it. That is so funny because Brett and I do that too. It makes me nuts when someone doesn't pay attention the first time, so it has to be "re-explained." Brett is super smart and he loves to learn, but he hates to waste time. Apparently, Quayd feels the same way. He has lots of good friends in his class. All of the kids seem to love him, which doesn't surprise us at all. He has always been very friendly and sweet and he makes friends very easily. She told us that the other day the class was sitting on the rug and Mrs. Green was asking Quayd something. Everyone was staring at him and he told them all, "You all don't have to look at me." In their center groups Monday, Quayd's group were reading to themselves. His buddy, Rylan, was being very chatty. Quayd was sick of listening to him so he reached over and put his hand over Rylan's mouth. It's just so funny to me. Quayd is so much older than his age and in some ways, he is just like me. But in other ways, he is just like his dad. So far, it seems like he has gotten the better of both of us. It really is true.... Two wrongs make a right.

Anyway, Quayd is ranked number 2 in his class for reading and number 4 in his class for math. He has gotten 100% on every spelling test so far. His NWEA scores are above average and I am so super proud of him. He amazes me every single day. I often wonder if we did the right thing by sending him to kindergarten when he was bearly 5. It's times like this that I feel like we made a good choice.

I can't say all of this stuff without bragging about Quayd's WONDERFUL, AWESOME, AMAZING, FANTASTIC, ADORABLE, BRILLIANT, FUN, COOL teacher.... Mrs. Green. Thank you Megan for working so hard with Quayd and for being such a great teacher. We love you and we are SO impressed.

My favorite part of first grade is that I get to go in Quayd's class and help, like I did for most of last year. I told my bosses that I had to have one day off during the week and we chose Monday. So I go every Monday morning and work with their center groups. I get to do a fun activity with them each time I go and I totally love it. I get smothered with hugs from the students and I love that too! Quayd's class is going on a field trip to the corn maze on the 29th and I get to go along! I am so excited. I am also planning their class Halloween party. I love being a mom, and a helper, and I love my job for letting me do all of this stuff!!

I am so proud of my little boy. He is so smart and I am so glad he is loving school and doing so well. Good job, Quayd-er-ade!!! I love you!!!

If you would like to see Quayd's class blog..... click here!

7 comments:

Chauntue Peterson said...

So I bet you just love me. I don't pay attention very well. You repeat yourself alot to me. Sorry but........ Good job Qyuad keep up the good work so you can get a super job and take care of your old ma and pa. lol that is my wish and hope lol

Michele and Wyatt said...

That's how I felt when I went to Kamryn's SEP conference. His teachers (Mrs. Foley & Mrs. Robbins) just love him. They couldn't say enough about him. It's great to know that your kids are doing well in school. Hopefully I'll have the same experience when I go visit Mrs. Redden tomorrow.

Janice {Run Far} said...

Oh I so miss and love that boy so much. I am not surprised at all that he is at the top of his class, you and Brett are pretty mcuh at the top of your class as well, seriously you all are just smartie pants. Please give him a great big hug and kiss for me, and tell him I am super proud of him and that I miss him so so so much. And I agree, Mrs Green is rock Star

Brooke said...

I am so not surprised that Quayd is such a good kid. Anyone who knows him knows that. He is such a doll. What a blessing.

Knessa said...

He sounds a lot like Monro (my oldest) when he was in kindergarten. He was an only kid for so long that he was so much more grown up than the rest of his class. I was worried he wouldn't blend well, but he did and does fine. Way to go Q! I hope he was proud of himself for the good scores. Smarty pants.

Kelli said...

what a wonderful report. Maybe when he is a little older he will be able to help those that cant read as well, like a mentor tutor or something.

Cara said...

Go Quayd! Who knew you and Brett would have a super smart child? LMAO! You know I was kidding!