Wednesday, February 20, 2008

the one about 100

I feel like I seldom have a minute to sit and blog anymore, and then when I do, I don't have anything interesting to say. But I saw this "100 Things About Me" thing on Kandice's blog, and decided I would give it a try. It might be boring for you to read, but I thought it would be fun for me to look back at in a year or so. But I also wanted to tell this fun thing that happened to Brett and I last night. Well a couple of weeks ago, I got a call from the Young Women's president in our ward. She asked if Brett and I would be willing to be on a panel of newlywed couples and answer questions that the Young Men and Young Women might have about marriage. I told her that we would be glad to, but that I didn't think nearly 10 years of marriage considered us newlywed's anymore! Anyway, we went and had so much fun! There were two other couples. The Bishop and his wife and the Meier's. It was a fun group and the kids were fun. They asked us some great questions and we had a great time. It was cool to see the different couples react to different situations. We had a great time. But, back to my 100 things. I want to just type "Quayd" 100 times because I love him more than ANYTHING and he is my whole life, but I also want to play along, so these are things 101-200....

101. I love the smell of Pine Sol.
102. I love the smell of markers.
103. I love the feeling of a fresh pedicure.
104. When I get a bloody nose, I tip my head back and let it run down my throat. (and I sorta like it!)
105. I love to hear kids and babies laugh.
106. I am super scared of electricity. I am afraid I will get electricuted even when I change a light bulb.
107. I love getting a new haircut.
108. I can't carry a tune, but I love to sing.
109. I love to scrapbook.
110. I love Diet Pepsi.
111. I want to be swimming in the Atlantic Ocean, RIGHT NOW!
112. I love the snow.
113. I love seafood.
114. I love smimming.
115. I go to Curves and exercise.
116. I don't really like flannel sheets.
117. I could eat popcorn for every single meal.
118. I love to make bread and rolls.
119. I love my Nephews. Brayden, Brennen, Beau'D, Kelby and Branson.
120. I love to read.
121. I don't have sisters, but I like to think that Brynn and Talia are mine.
122. I love Kandice's evil laugh. (it's true, there is a little bit of evil in there!)
123. I am a SLOW driver.
124. I have stinky feet.
125. When I come home, the first thing I remove is my bra.
126. I love chick-flicks.
127. I love getting my nails done.
128. I love camping, as long as I can shower every day.
129. I don't care to drive. I would rather be a passenger.
130. But I get carsick, so I need to ride shotgun.
131. I am a Libra, and although I don't really base my life around horoscopes, I definatley have the personality traits of a true Libra.
132. I like for others to be happy.
133. I HATE confrontation.
134. I hate socks and shoes, but...
135. I love flip-flops.
136. I want to go on another cruise SOSOSOSOSOSO bad.
137. I have a crush on Hugh Grant. I was watching the movie Notting Hill last night before bed, and I can't stop thinking about it. Such a good show!!!
138. I kinda have a crush on Julia Roberts too. (you gotta see Notting Hill, I'm telling you, it's so good!!!)
139. I love reality T.V.
140. I'M ADDICTED TO BIG BROTHER!!
141. I love being a girl.
142. I don't love my period.
143. I want a scooter so bad that my teeth hurt.
144. Speaking of teeth hurting, I don't really like the dentist.
145. I have a momma's boy, and I think it is amazing!
146. I have awesome grandparents, and so does Brett. We are crazy lucky in that department.
147. I am alittle OCD with numbers and letters.
148. I need to be a little bit more OCD with cleaning my house.
149. But I really love to organize, even though I suck at it.
150. I hate clutter!
151. I like working. My new job is awesome.
152. I like feeling needed.
153. I love to nurture.
154. I love children.
155. I love to cook!
156. I love to try new foods.
157. I love change. Isn't that weird? Most people hate it, but I really don't. I look forward to new things.
158. I have a lot to learn, and I think I could take lessons from my cool friends.
159. I wish I was cleaner and more organized, like Kandice.
160. I wish I was a better homemaker, like Holly.
161. I wish I loved to exercise more, like Janice.
162. I wish I were more laid back, like Gibler.
163. I wish I could stand up for myself, like Brett.
164. I wish I was a little tougher and didn't put up with crap, like Jamie.
165. I wish I had more Faith, love, trust and knowledge o fhte Gospel, like Hope.
166. I have terrible self-esteem.
167. I learned to be independent from my mommy.
168. I love Dove soap.
169. I also love Mary Kay products, but I don't want to sell it, so don't ask.
170. I love being married.
171. I love to blog.
172. I am definately a cat person.
173. My feet are a size 10.
174. My ring size is bigger than Brett's.
175. I needed to wear a bra since 4th grade, but I was in denial, so I didn't start wearing one until 5th. Looking back, I wish my mom would have forced the issue a little bit more. YUCK!
176. I saw a VW Toureg the other day, and I fell in love.
177. My favorite late night talk show host is Conan O'Brien.
178. I wish I would have taken piano lessons as a child.
179. I hate that my car is black. NEVER AGAIN!
180. I love starchy foods.
181. I also love ice cream,
182. and canned spinach!
183. I loved being pregnant.
184. I loved giving birth by C-section.
185. I am lazy, and I don't always buckle up.
186. I don't like to hunt, but Brett does. Fortunately, he isn't very lucky so I shouldn't have any trouble with number 187.
187. I hope I never have a stuffed animal head hanging on my wall.
188. I love purple stuff.
189. I have 3 tattoos(two of them are purple).
190. I think Quayd has the cutest little bottom in the whole world and I love to pinch it.
191. I suddenly love thin crust pizza.
192. I love oatmeal.
193. I love when we go camping with the Deets and I can eat Kathy's Cream of Wheat for breakfast. She makes the BEST Cream of Wheat EVER!
194. I love my "MIKA" CD. He is poplar now, but liked him before he was popular. I guess you could say I was "country before country was cool."
195. I love the musical "Wicked."
196. I hate to be startled.
197. I HATE spiders! I actually had a dream about black widows last night and I get the heebie-jeebies ust thinking about it.
198. I sorta have a crush on Donny Osmond.
199. I have the cutest little boy ever.
200. I am the luckiest woman in the world because I have a great husband, amazing son, cool family, wonderful in-law's, good friends, cute car and a house that is paid for.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG! That was so cute! I also think Donny Osmond is cute! And I also like spinach, but not canned. It was so fun to read your answers!

Janice {Run Far} said...

The YW asked us to help for that newly wed game, but i told her we would be in New Orleans so I told her she should call you and Brett, i knew you guys would be fun and give the kids a good time, glad you enjoyed yourself.

Enjoyed reading your 101-200

Kelli said...

and a house that is paid for. WOW, that is wonderful.

Jamie said...

Memoo wants to know why there is nothing on there about late nights with nachos and Sam Cuch, and other unmentionables that will stay unmentionable!! Memoo OUT!!

Who Knows??? said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Emily said...

Super Cute idea Mandy! It's so fun to get to know you better!

Kandice said...

I loved it! I didn't know I had an evil laugh, but glad I have a little bit of evil in me. I knew most of those things surprisingly, after only know you for like -5 years or so.

Kristi said...

Cute list, I love the smell of pinesol, sometimes I mop just so I can smell it, not so it is clean, even though I like that too, but just so I can smell it :) Hope you are enjoying your job at the school. It is probably so nice to be involved, and so close to Quayd.

Tari said...

It was great to learn more about you, I loved how you were all serious about all the people you wanted to be like and low self esteem then I love Dove soap. It made me laugh, that's about how my mind works one sec serious the next I'm talking about soap.

Anonymous said...

GASP! Mandy! I hope you have plans to replace your plain jane banner with something fabulous! I just can't sit around and let this happen! We can't have your blog looking like this - it's just not right. You're stressing me out!

Mandy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

OH, Mandy! I am so proud of you! I LOVE the new banner - good job!

Kandice said...

Well holy freakin cow! your layout is so cute. I love love love it. Now I have to be super duper annoying and make you come show me how!

Anonymous said...

very cute missy. I love your new banner...i gotta hurry and read my book on how to use my photoshop! ;)

Anonymous said...

Hi ladies! Here is a link to a very handy tutorial by scrapgirls:

http://store.scrapgirls.com/product.php?id=5301&cat=19

Tari said...

So cute! I'm so sick of winter and this is all spring and fun, love it

Josh and Kristen said...

I like the new look of your blog. I also really liked reading your 100. It's always fun to learn something more about people!