Tuesday, February 5, 2008

the one about all of this SNOW!



I can't believe all of the snow we have had. It is just crazy. I don't remember ever having a winter like this one. When I was a Sophomore or Junior in High School, it snowed pretty bad one day and they closed school, but it all melted right away. It was nothing like this. I love it though, most of the time. It usually doesn't bother me one bit. I usually don't mind the cold, or the crunch under my feet, or even the frozen snot, but I am starting to get a little sick of it. I love it when it is actually snowing, but I hate the ugly brown dirty stuff. According to the groundhog, there is still 6 more weeks of it so I better get used to it.

Speaking of getting used to it, my sweet son LOVES everything about the winter. He wants to play in it every minute. On sunday, after Church, he and Brennen went outside to play. Brett and I were inside and we could hear a giggle out our front door. We peeked outside and saw these two crazy boys making a sledding ramp out of my front steps. They packed snow on all of the steps to make it a smoother ride. They did this for a long time. I could see that my brother was using his 4-wheeler to plow snow into a huge pile in the back yard, so I suggested to the boys to go out there and they would have a bigger hill. On the way back there, they noticed the big stairs going to the new deck and Brandon and Danette's house. The just couldn't resist, so they started sledding on them. They are about twice and steep as mine and there are about twice as many steps! They were so funny! Brett, Brandon, Brayden and I got such a kick out of them. Well, Brayden decided he wanted to play, so they all headed out to the big hill in the back. Brayden would use the tube to make the ramp, then the little boys would take turns going down. One time, Brayd was on the very top of the hill trying to get his tube situated, then he suddenly fell backwards and fell about 3 feet down into the fresh powder. It was so funny!!! They had such a great time. They stayed out there for hours until the dark finally forced them to come inside. Then they were ready for hot chocolate!

I was just so surprised at how clever they were and how they came up with all of the ideas for their new ramps. Boys are so funny!

2 comments:

Janice {Run Far} said...

Boys are funny- I want one-
I hate the snow, I loved it when I was little, but Now Oh yuck hate it so much. But I love you mean it...

Anonymous said...

I love watching their imaginations grow. It constantly proves they come with their own packaging! I'm with Quayd....I love the snow!