Monday, February 9, 2009

the one about Gavin's Birthday

I feel terrible that I haven't posted this yet. I don't know how I managed to skip it, but better late than never, I guess.

When I first started working at the Hotel, Kandice asked me if I could get her some kind of a deal for Gavin's Birthday party. I told her I could probably swing something. Apparently, Gavin has wanted to stay at the Hotel since he could see it being built. He would ask his mom every time they drove by if they could stay there. Of course it is foolish to pay to stay in a Hotel in your own town so they never did. Well as his Birthday grew nearer, I was able to work something out. One condition, of course.... I could invite myself to the party! The only guests Gavin wanted were his big sister Hallie and my little Quayd. We got adjoining rooms and Kandice and her kids stayed in one, Quayd and I in the other. We had Chinese food for dinner; Gavin's choice. Then the kids swam at the pool, played games, watched a movie, played with Gav's new toys, ate tons of snacks, played with their DS's and just had a great time. The next morning, they went to the Dinosaur Museum. It was probably one of the best parties ever. Kandice and I even had fun!

Kandice is such a great friend to me. I love her more than she will ever know. I treasure her friendship!!!! So that is why I couldn't pass up this opportunity to hook her up. I got the rooms for free so it was no big deal to me. I am just so glad I actually had something I could offer her. She would do anything for me, and I hope she knows I would do it right back for her.

Here are a few pix of the fun night.



1 comment:

Mama Bear said...

Sounds like tons of fun! I have to chuckle at the pictures, of course Brett's boy is the one without his shirt on.